What happens if I just don't submit one of my transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaurPT3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few summers ago I took some prerequisite coursework at a college, but ended up doing very poorly. I have since re-taken those classes and received an A. The only coursework I have taken at this school was those two classes. If I just don't submit my transcript from that school, will I be punished? I would prefer not to include those grades in my GPA, and because I took them after graduating and I don't really need them anymore can I just not report them?

Members don't see this ad.

A few summers ago I took some prerequisite coursework at a college, but ended up doing very poorly. I have since re-taken those classes and received an A. The only coursework I have taken at this school was those two classes. If I just don't submit my transcript from that school, will I be punished? I would prefer not to include those grades in my GPA, and because I took them after graduating and I don't really need them anymore can I just not report them?

You have to submit ALL transcripts. It doesn't matter if you retook the class and received a higher grade. PTCAS still has to average your GPA. Trust me I'm sure everyone has classes they would prefer not to submit but unfortunately you can't pick and choose the classes you want to be included in your GPA. If you don't submit then this will most likely hinder you.

Reactions: 1 users
You can't just erase parts of your academic history because you don't like them. You MUST submit those grades.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The long and short - you will either get an email from PTCAS or the schools you apply to saying your application is incomplete.

Okay so I will submit the transcript. Is it worth it to contact the school I took the courses at and ask for a retroactive withdrawal so that it does not affect my GPA? Any other recommendations?

Okay so I will submit the transcript. Is it worth it to contact the school I took the courses at and ask for a retroactive withdrawal so that it does not affect my GPA? Any other recommendations?

I'm almost 100% sure the school will not let you withdrawal after you have already completed the class. If you can't You're just going to have to submit the transcript with the grade. I'm sure it won't drop your GPA that much.