what falls under the category of "a veterinarian with international jurisdiction"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melcbbvet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Fairly new here at SDN. I am a vet grad from the Philippines trying to figure out how to get into the U.S. My whole family is already in the U.S and have just become citizens. I'm still trying to figure out which is the best route to go, ECFVG or PAVE and I've been reading the threads here about their comparisons (one thread actually had a link to compare the two which would have been great but it doesn't exist anymore :( ) and also the whole TOEFL vs IELTS topic. I was reading through the ECFVG website and there's his new bulletin regarding the CPE in which in order to be able to take it you have to have this surgical experience of at least 1 being the primary surgeon for OVH and an assist or primary surgeon on 5 other surgeries. It says there specifically "with a veterinarian with international jurisdiction". I'm a little confuse what that term entails. What falls under international jurisdiction?

Thanks very much to all who replies to this and its great to find a site and forum that makes me feel less alone with regards to the journey of being a vet.

Members don't see this ad.