What dpt programs should I look at with 3.2 GPAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpttba

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone-
my overall GPA is between a 3.2-3.3 and my science GPA is a 3.1 but if I retake a class I can get a 3.4... obviously I will do that if I have to but has anyone gotten into pt school recently with these scores? my v+q is a 298 (150+148)
any recommendations in schools to look at ?

Members don't see this ad.

It's possible to get into PT school with your current gpa, but definitely try to improve it as much as you can. In terms of GRE scores, I would also try to improve your scores ~155 for both Verb and Quant with at least a 4.5 in AW. You should definitely do research on schools based on what goals you have set for yourself, and also the classes you've already taken. Generally PT schools have the same course requirement, but there are plenty of schools that require a little bit more required courses (i.e calc, orgo). Other factors that can definitely help are how well written your letter recommendations are (you don't want the typical cookie-cutter letter), personal statement, and supplemental essays that school additionally ask for.

I had similar scores to you and wasn't able to get any interviews. The next year though I got my gpa to a 3.4 and received several interviews and acceptances. My suggestion is to raise your GPA and the prereq classes if you can

Members don't see this ad :)
I had pretty much the same gpa and my gre scores were q- 156, v- 146 and w- 3.0 and got accepted an waitlisted to a few schools. Just get a lot of observation hours in a variety of settings. Also look into schools that don't ask for the gre's.

I had pretty much the same gpa and my gre scores were q- 156, v- 146 and w- 3.0 and got accepted an waitlisted to a few schools. Just get a lot of observation hours in a variety of settings. Also look into schools that don't ask for the gre's.
Thanks! when did you apply? and do you mind sharing what schools you applied to and got accepted to?

Thanks! when did you apply? and do you mind sharing what schools you applied to and got accepted to?

Observation Hours: 99 inpatient- acute rehab, cardiac ICU; 1500+ out patient orthopedic physical therapy (2 settings)
PTCAS submitted: 6/30/2016
PTCAS verified: 7/15/2016

Applied: Thomas Jefferson, NYIT, Stony Brook University, SUNY Downstate, Hunter College, LIU Brooklyn, University of Scranton, Drexel, Touro College- Bayshore campus, Lynchburg College, Daemen College, D' Youville College

Interviews: NYIT, Thomas Jefferson, SUNY Downstate (2/27)

Waitlisted: Thomas Jefferson (11/14), Lynchburg College (2/3)

I got into a pt program with similar stats except my gre was a little higher (157v 150q 4.5w)

I got into a pt program with similar stats except my gre was a little higher (157v 150q 4.5w)
thanks! do you mind sharing the schools you applied/interviewed/accepted?

I had similar stats, and got accepted to Briar Cliff U. Don't get discouraged, it's definitely possible!

Reactions: 1 user
try to look at schools that focus on your prerequisite GPA

Hey.. hope u made some progress. I’d agree with everyone in that you shouldn’t get discouraged.. I had a 3.4 both undergrad and prereq, 309 GRE, 400+ hours in 5 different settings.. and got waitlisted at fiu and accepted at U St. Augustine.. you’re definitely on the right path, u just gotta pump up those numbuhs up mate!
Also really look through forums on here if u do get an interview on how best to come prepared. I researched a ton of potential questions and was asked a bunch of them from the interviewing professor.

I have a 3.19 overall GPA and a 3.1 prerequisite gpa, got into USA so far and will be applying to more this fall.
I spent a couple weeks prepping for the GRE vocab and was able to get a 317 score which I think helps offset my relatively low GPA. The GRE is probably a good option to keep spamming since its something you can potentially change quickly.

Reactions: 1 user