What do you think of this schedule. Is it too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richanesthesiologist

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to a large public institution (50,000 students)

Organic Chemistry 1 (3 credits)
Physics 1 with Calc (3 credits)
Microbiology (3 credits)
Spanish Conversation (3 credits)
Intro to Health Disparities (3 credits)
Writing in Medical Sciences (3 credits)
Research (2 credits)

Total: 20 credits. (I would normally do the research anyways so its like I'm taking 18 credits).

Members don't see this ad.

I've never seen Physics with Calc be 3 units. Is there no lab? It's typically a 5 unit class.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I would drop a 3 credit hour class. Physics 1 isn't bad but you'll probably get some busywork if it's anything like mine was (I also went to a large public with 50k+ students). Combined with O Chem you'll have a busy workload. The sophomore GPA dip is common due to O Chem... if you want to try to keep your GPA level I'd lighten the load a little.
Its doable but I would rather play it safe, unless you're crunched to get certain classes in on a certain timeline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, that is too much. What is your current GPA? Do you plan on volunteering or doing any extra curricular activities throughout the semester? That schedule looks so dreadful. I would never subject myself to that.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Seems doable if you can manage your time properly. If anything, you can drop the health disparities class and take that some other semester.

@Richanesthesiologist Are you going to always put a rhetorical question as your title in your troll threads? Or do you like asking questions which you seemingly get little to no benefit out of aside from flaunting a 3.95 GPA, an REU opportunity, or a 20 credit courseload?

Reactions: 1 user