What Caribbean schools can you transfer to? (poor windsor clinicals)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharklasers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Windsor doesn't have the best clinical rotations. Apparently some of them are online what does that even mean?

Anyways, what are some Caribbean schools I could transfer to from Windsor? And what qualifications would they need? I think most schools offer transfers to people if they have a passing step 1 score and passing preclinical grades.

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely don't know what an online clinical rotation is. I'd probably be ready to get out of there if I heard that too! :eek:

There are a number of schools that have pretty decent clinical locations as far as I can tell and have heard:

Of course there's also Ross, AUC etc.

The majority I think will let you transfer without the USMLE but will require you to complete a review course then the USMLE prior to rotations. Now, not to spark anything but have you ever attempted to request an official transcripts from your current school? I've heard some horrors from a friend who transferred out of there. Whatever you decide, perhaps not advertise you're trying to transfer immediately. Where do you want to complete your rotations?

I definitely don't know what an online clinical rotation is. I'd probably be ready to get out of there if I heard that too! :eek:

There are a number of schools that have pretty decent clinical locations as far as I can tell and have heard:

Of course there's also Ross, AUC etc.

The majority I think will let you transfer without the USMLE but will require you to complete a review course then the USMLE prior to rotations. Now, not to spark anything but have you ever attempted to request an official transcripts from your current school? I've heard some horrors from a friend who transferred out of there. Whatever you decide, perhaps not advertise you're trying to transfer immediately. Where do you want to complete your rotations?

I am studying for the USMLE now, and will take it by the beginning of February.

Do you know of any schools that would allow transfers to start rotations without having to do a review course? I am slightly behind schedule already due to personal issues I suffered with, and do not want to delay further.

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you already plan to take the usmle, then you wont need the review course. The review is just if you havent taken the usmle yet and transfer. Go ahead and continue with your schedule and then look to transfer afterward. I must note that if you are not confident in your studying and test skills, a review would only benefit you.

So Windsor doesn't have the best clinical rotations. Apparently some of them are online what does that even mean?

Anyways, what are some Caribbean schools I could transfer to from Windsor? And what qualifications would they need? I think most schools offer transfers to people if they have a passing step 1 score and passing pre-clinical grades.

Thank you for your help!
Take the USMLE first for sure, since you claim to be ready already. Anything else is a nightmare. Most real schools like Ross will not take you either way, unless your scores are very very high. Expect to pay $25,000 for each term/clinical terms if Ross did(unlikely). The cheaper ones will not have California ever, so do not let them lie to you and infer they will. The cheaper ones are better to attend after USMLE, and they may not find you clinical rotations, but you can do that yourself. You can try the specialized online companies for your clinical electives, which will still require you to pay the school(like St. James) and these online placements both for your clinical electives. Paying both is still cheaper than Ross and likely half as much. All of the Carib schools are now manned by idiots from somewhere other than the United States, and they are the same class of bums you dealt with at Windsor. If you like those Deans and doped up clowns at Windsor, then the world is your counterfeit oyster. You survived one of the worst schools in the Caribbean, so get a passing USMLE the 1st time or do not take it. The rest is history. Anything Windsor does should be behind you as soon as possible, so as to avoid them entirely in the future. And, as someone else stated, the skum will try to charge you thousands of dollars to get your transcripts and the Chicago office refuses to help. I would turn them into the U.S. Attorney Generals office as soon as possible if they stall at all.

Expect the rest of the lower class non-FAFSA approved listed here, are not too honest either for the same reasons stated above. Applying after a passing score on USMLE is far easier, and you will be in the same classes as all of the other non-FAFSA approved schools, with all of the other foreign students from the other Carib schools. You will not ever be at a real medical school clinical rotation ever, and add at least an additional two years to the process to residency, or more like 3 years, since they do not place you in clinicals back to back, and low placement for Carib grads for residency. Do not fool yourself about this, for Americans leaving Carib schools residency is a long way off, and Canadians are faster tracked to Residency, since they use Canadian Federal funds/banking = same as FAFSA approved. The same schools do not have that financing(FAFSA approved) for Americans, so figure it out. They do help to get clinicals back to back for most Canadians, but not many Americans, because Canada uses FAFSA like government financing to occupy American clinical rotations, and have their government involved assures that this happens. That should tell you something about how dirty these American schools are in the Caribbean and are to the country that funds the doctors and training they live off of.
Do everything from the United States when you are back there, if you are USA. UMHS has similar staff to Windsor and they all know each other, so avoid any contact while on the island. The minute you do walk into UMHS on St. Kitts, they will phone Windsor and discuss all manner of your academic history, and vice versa, which in America is illegal, so only do anything with that bunch of goat herders when you get back to the United States = these are mostly low-lifes on St. Kitts. UMHSs policies and clinicals favor Canadians and Peurto Ricans, so if you are an American, clinicals at UMHS will put you two steps down. You would pay $17,000 there per term and it is whether or not you attend the 1.5 clinical rotations per term or not. All of these Carib schools pull that stunt. You should be able to complete two rotations per term, but they will not have that happen. None of the schools do that, since it is too easy not to and to take advantage of people already stuck in a $200,000.00 process and too late to get out.
Any school that claims they are helping you in any way are liars. They are only profit motivated and run by sales people or the equivalent. They are really some low-lifes and you just are stuck plugging your nose and dealing with this bunch of rubes and goat herders, and those were your Deans before.

Last edited: