This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shayshay11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys! So I am a black male who just graduated from the University of South Florida with a health science degree. My gpa is not to good, I have a 2.47 cumulative gpa. I have taken Gen chem 1 & 2 with labs, physics 1 & 2 with labs, however, have not taken orgo 1 or 2, genetics, bio 1 or 2, and so on. Have no experience in pharmacy what so ever, if anything just discovered it and really seem to want to pursue it. How long will it take me to gain an acceptance anywhere and what are the steps to do so.
I thought you were a white female...
What are my chances

Reactions: 1 user
You might become a pharmacy Tech with that GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you were a white female...
What are my chances

Did you just assume that he can't chance her gender/race on demand?

Xgka5.gif

Hey guys! So I am a black male who just graduated from the University of South Florida with a health science degree. My gpa is not to good, I have a 2.47 cumulative gpa. I have taken Gen chem 1 & 2 with labs, physics 1 & 2 with labs, however, have not taken orgo 1 or 2, genetics, bio 1 or 2, and so on. Have no experience in pharmacy what so ever, if anything just discovered it and really seem to want to pursue it. How long will it take me to gain an acceptance anywhere and what are the steps to do so.

TBH your outlook is not that good. Schools look at your average science and math GPA to be around 3.5. If you do incredibly well on PCAT and have extracurricular activities/pharmacy tech experience then you may have a chance. FAMU's and Nova's minimum GPA is 2.75. You do the math and see if you can increase your average math and science GPA to at least 2.75 with the classes you haven't taken yet. If you don't think its possible then I would consider a different career path.