what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moneymikekif

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Senior at MSU

Country/state of residence: Ohio

Cumulative GPA: 3.84

Science GPA: 3.86

MCAT Scores: 503 in may, 518 august (just got score back today) ;)

Research: CLinical Research. 2 publications

Volunteering (clinical) – 100 hours working in a ob gyn clinic, hospital, the usual stuff here

Physician shadowing – 150 hours all kinds of specilaties

Non-clinical volunteering: lots of things here i feel good on this one

Extracurricular activities: basketball, vice preseident of a club, in a honorary,

Immediate family members in medicine? (y/n):no

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
is that even with the poor first mcat?

my list is:

michigan
michigan state (my undergrad)
wayne state
ohio state
cincy
utoledo
wright state
neomed
WVU
UK
tufts
dartmouth
emory
creighton
usc
tulane
sinai cause why not
penn state
drexel
temple
jefferson
pitt

and likr 8 do schools too

and thanks so much!

Of you list, I suggest the following. I worry about the weak ECs. Strongly suggest getting more clinical experience. Applying to Sinai will be a donation. take your parents out to dinner instead.

michigan state
wayne state
ohio state
cincy
utoledo
wright state
neomed
WVU
tufts
emory
tulane
drexel
temple
jefferson

ADD Case, SLU and MCW

MUCOM
MSUCOM
PCOM
CCOM
KCU
NYITCOM
DMU
KCOM

if i get more clinical can i then apply to like creighton. dartmouth, pitt, michigan etc?

have you already submitted your AMCAS for verification? If not, wait a year, get more experience to round out your application and apply in June 2017. Average your 2 MCAT scores and figure out which schools match your numbers. Further winnow the list based on OOS preferences, your preferences regarding location (urban/suburban as well geographic region), and schools' missions.

Not that I am an expert, I feel like you have a great shot this cycle. If I were to go according to what people have posted on SDN, I wouldn't even have a shot at an MD school. Going from 503 to 518 says a lot, and I feel like your gpa is pretty good. As long as you haven't repeated any classes to get that GPA, you have a great shot at you IS school and a solid shot at private OOS schools. I would apply this cycle and say in your secondaries that you are planning on getting more clinical experience during your application year.