what are my chances to get into OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SYeagle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i did my dental school outside USA and then i got me second DDS from international dentist program in USA, i have a good GPA and class rank, i did 4 years OMFS residency outside USA, no internship in USA, NBME is 58, i am only applying for 4 years omfs programs, do i have a chance????

Members don't see this ad.

i did my dental school outside USA and then i got me second DDS from international dentist program in USA, i have a good GPA and class rank, i did 4 years OMFS residency outside USA, no internship in USA, NBME is 58, i am only applying for 4 years omfs programs, do i have a chance????

Sounds pretty good.

What about doing a prosthodontic residency and doing all of your own all on four cases: from surgery to restoration?!!!

Or doing an ortho residency and doing all of your own orthognathic surgery?!!!!

Honestly, your best chance of getting into an omfs program is retake your cbse and try to get a 70+. Also look into internships. Good luck

You have a chance. But as the above responder said your application would be strengthened by a higher CBSE or an internship. Also your citizenship/visa status is something the programs might consider.