What are my chances of matching...anywhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshNiffler

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Moved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First off I know that no one here can for sure guarantee that I will match. That said I would like your opinion on whether or not I should be applying to more programs than I have currently.

My stats:

4th year in a Caribbean school, I'm from Africa (non-US IMG) so no undergrad

No LOAs so I'll be graduating next year (4th year)

Basic science grades: all A's except one B. Clinical grades thus far a couple A's a B and C(peds)

USMLE Step 1: 265 on first attempt
Step 2 CK: 262 on first attempt
Step 2 CS: to be taken shortly but I'll be applying without the result

LoRs: all from doctors in the US, I have 3 uploaded but waiting for the one from my internal medicine elective (sub-i?) to finish processing. I honored it, should I apply without it on Wednesday?

USCE: third and fourth year rotations are in the US, with the exception of my last rotation which might be in my country.

I need J-1 visa sponsorship.

Programs I'm applying to (80 in total but not all listed) according to state:

IL- advocate health Illinois Masonic, advocate Lutheran, Rosalind franklin uni of medicine, John H stroger cook county, Louis A Weiss, Loyola uni, Macneal, mercy hospital, presence saints Francis, presence saint joseph, Rush uni, Southern Illinois uni, Uni of Chicago northshore, UIC advocate christ, Uni of IL Urbana

NYC-Brookdale uni hospital, Icahn Beth Israel, Icahn mount Sinai, Interfaith, Lincoln medical, New York Presbyterian, Rochester general, st barnabas, SUNY health science, SUNY upstate medical, Uni at Buffalo, Woodhull medical

OH- Akron gen, canton med, Jewish hospital of Cincinnati, mercy st Vincent, western reserve

MI- Detroit medical center/Wayne state university, Hurley medical center/Michigan state university, Michigan state university, Providence, spectrum health, St. John hospital and medical center, st Joseph Mercy, st mary mercy hospital, Uni of Michigan, Wayne state uni, William Beaumont hospital

Some others of note

Cleveland Clinic OH & FL, Indiana uni health Ball memorial, Indiana uni school of medicine, Seton hall uni NJ, Texas tech uni, Danbury hospital CT, Uni of Connecticut, Uni of Hawaii, Uni of N Dakota, Uni of South Dakota, Uni of Texas health

Thank you.
Official Eternal IM WAMC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.