What are my chances for DPT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lili23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a 3.0 overall GPA and a 2.7 pre req GPA (I have retook 4 pre req classes already). I'm going to take my GRE on Aug 24th. I have 500+ hours in various of PT location but I'm really worried if they will decline me because of my grades. I have been working since freshmen year as well as being an active members in different clubs which is one of the reason my grades so low. But I want to go to Touro University in Manhattan, what are my chances of actually getting in? I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Please Help

Members don't see this ad.

The polite answer: anything is possible. Go for a place that doesn't look so hard at your gpa. Do well on your GRE to make up for it.

The ugly answer: you might get in because all of these new schools are opening up for business and would love your money but even given that you might get by with a 3.2 or so but a 3.0 does not seem likely to me. Consider other paths.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Lili23,

So I can tell you about my experience applying last year.
Undergrad: UC Davis, Microbiology
Cumulative GPA = 3.2
Pre-req Gpa = 3.1
Last 60 = 3.5
GRE = 156 Q 154 V and writing 5
I had 4 LOR
2500 hours in outpatient ortho
50 hours in outpatient peds
100 hours in inpatient spinal cord
extracurricular and work

I got waitlisted at a bunch of schools: CSULB, UM, UPitt, Touro, FPU
I received no acceptances, but I am currently waiting for Touro college to get back to me this August, I may have a chance of getting in to the program.

I retook some classes and took extra classes to boost my GPA, so currently my cumulative and pre-req may be slightly higher. It may be very hard to get into schools with your stats, I suggest you retake some pre-req classes, or get a really high GRE score. Good Luck, and I completely understand your stress and frustration!