What are my chances: constructive criticism please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vronika

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your DUI from 8 years ago will not matter at most schools. After your SMP you need to retake the MCAT but do not retake until your practice scores are consistently 505 and higher. When you apply to DO schools you will need to apply broadly and include all the newer schools.

Reactions: 1 user
@Faha, thank you for replying to my post. Once I'm settled after the move, I'll start the studying process and aim to retake the MCAT in January of next year while applying into an SMP program. It's just the low GPA and multi MCATs all weighed heavily and do make me question my capability to succeed as a medical student and as a doctor later on. But hey, this entire process is a marathon, so I guess I'll have several chances to prove my resiliency and motivation to Admin :idea:
Your DUI from 8 years ago will not matter at most schools. After your SMP you need to retake the MCAT but do not retake until your practice scores are consistently 505 and higher. When you apply to DO schools you will need to apply broadly and include all the newer schools.