WesternU of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed last week Tuesday and I haven't heard back.
Me too! I had my interview on 1/24 & I'm still anxiously waiting..
In the same boat!! Do you guys have any idea about when we will hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
In the same boat!! Do you guys have any idea about when we will hear back?

I thought they said they'd notify us within 2 weeks after our interview..so hopefully we'll hear back sometime early next week

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they said they'd notify us within 2 weeks after our interview..so hopefully we'll hear back sometime early next week
Likely it will take about a week and a half up to almost 2 weeks. Thats the trend I've noticed from all the comments on this thread. Make sure to check your spam and your banner. I never got an email (got lost somehow. I think i may have accidently deleted it from my spam). I found out through my banner and then called Karen to confirm it.

Reactions: 1 users
Likely it will take about a week and a half up to almost 2 weeks. Thats the trend I've noticed from all the comments on this thread. Make sure to check your spam and your banner. I never got an email (got lost somehow. I think i may have accidently deleted it from my spam). I found out through my banner and then called Karen to confirm it.

Will do, thanks! I feel like a crazy person refreshing my email every 20 mins everyday after my interview :(

Will do, thanks! I feel like a crazy person refreshing my email every 20 mins everyday after my interview :(
Haha... ya ithink this whole application process has got all of us acting like crazy people. Lol, i know i was for sure. Hang in there!

So I've paid my deposit! I'm going to Western! Have you recieved you're packet yet? Could you post when yours comes?

Got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday

Any advice for preparing for the writing portion of the interview??

Any advice for preparing for the writing portion of the interview??
From what i can see the prompt changes every group. One of my friends interviewed the day after me and it was a completely different prompt. I guess all i could say be ready to think on your toes. The question is kind of random.

I paid my deposit!
Woohoo! On the banner next to decision does yours say "Applicant Accept - Items Out". Thats what mine says and I'm wondering if the items out is refering to the packet.

Last edited:
Woohoo! On the banner next to decision does yours say "Applicant Accept - Items Out". Thats what mine says and I'm wondering if the items out is refering to the packet.

Yeah, mine still says "Applicant Accept - Items Out"

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone else has received an acceptance?

Just received my acceptance email today! Interviewed on 1/24

Did people that interviewed on the 18th hear anything back yet?? I still haven't heard anything yet and my banner hasn't changed either!!

Did people that interviewed on the 18th hear anything back yet?? I still haven't heard anything yet and my banner hasn't changed either!!
You should email or call Karen. That's what happened to me and a couple days later she emailed me back saying I was on the waitlist

My interview was two weeks ago & I'm still waiting also & see no changes on my banner :( I want to call Karen but don't want to annoy her I feel like she's probably been swamped lately lol...if I don't hear back by the end of this week I'll probably try to contact her

My interview was two weeks ago & I'm still waiting also & see no changes on my banner :( I want to call Karen but don't want to annoy her I feel like she's probably been swamped lately lol...if I don't hear back by the end of this week I'll probably try to contact her
I just talked to her, all decision will be send out by this friday, some by today

I just talked to her, all decision will be send out by this friday, some by today

Have you already interviewed? And did you contact her by email or phone? I emailed her a few days ago but still haven't received a response... assuming she's busy :(

Have you already interviewed? And did you contact her by email or phone? I emailed her a few days ago but still haven't received a response... assuming she's busy :(
I talked to her by phone i had mine on 01/25

And i just received my rejection :bucktooth:

I'm sorry :( I hope you have other options!! do you mind sharing your stats?
I got accepted to USC so far, but my top choice is fresno. I will know about that by this friday.

Undergraduate GPA- 3.76
Post graduate GPA- 4.0
GRE- total 292

I have been PT AiDe for more than 9 years. So 1000 + hours in outpatient and inpatients and sport facilities

My banner says "Institution Acceptance" next to Decision!! I just did not receive an email or packet in the mail yet. Interviewed 1/24!

I got accepted to USC so far, but my top choice is fresno. I will know about that by this friday.

Undergraduate GPA- 3.76
Post graduate GPA- 4.0
GRE- total 292

I have been PT AiDe for more than 9 years. So 1000 + hours in outpatient and inpatients and sport facilities

I thought USC's requirement for GRE is 150 min

On a Sunday?! Haha but congrats :) I'm still anxciously waiting to hear from USC
I was surprised too, thanks. What is your status? When did you submitted your application

I was surprised too, thanks. What is your status? When did you submitted your application

I'm waitlisted at two schools and USC is my last school I'm waiting on so I'm really hoping I get in :( I submitted my app in November

I'm waitlisted at two schools and USC is my last school I'm waiting on so I'm really hoping I get in :( I submitted my app in November
I talked to karla early January and she said they go month to month base on applications that was received. I submitted mine on September 27 and i just heard about it on sunday. So i think give them little bit more time you should be fine. Good luck and massage me if you need some details

So I interviewed on 2/7 and got an email saying that I'm accepted but the class is currently full. I'm apparently not on the alternate list, I will be offered a seat when it opens up.

I received the same email!

Reactions: 2 users
So I interviewed on 2/7 and got an email saying that I'm accepted but the class is currently full. I'm apparently not on the alternate list, I will be offered a seat when it opens up.

I got the exact same email today also! I just saw an older thread from a few years ago that says apparently there is a high priority alternate list with 40-50 people on it then the regular alternate list with 20-30 people. I'm not sure if this has changed over the last few years or if these numbers are accurate..but I guess it kind of gives an idea

Last edited:
I got the exact same email today also! I just saw an older thread from a few years ago that says apparently there is a high priority alternate list with 40-50 people on it then the regular alternate list with 20-30 people. I'm not sure if this has changed over the last few years or if these numbers are accurate..but I guess it kind of gives an idea

Hmm interesting, in the email it seems like they offered too many spots to students. I wonder how they will decide when a spot opens up.

I interviewed 1/25. The email made it sound like we have a good chance :xf: Hopefully we hear back soon! Did you guys receive a confirmation after you accepted the offer?

I interviewed 1/25. The email made it sound like we have a good chance :xf: Hopefully we hear back soon! Did you guys receive a confirmation after you accepted the offer?

I really hope so!! It seems like people have been accepted from the alternate list in the past so there's still hope! & no I didn't get a confirmation email back

My banner says "Institution Acceptance" next to Decision!! I just did not receive an email or packet in the mail yet. Interviewed 1/24!
Congrats! Don't puch the accept button yet until your email gets generated. Thats what i did and it disrupted the automatic email. Lol, they had to have IT resend it to me.

Congrats! Don't puch the accept button yet until your email gets generated. Thats what i did and it disrupted the automatic email. Lol, they had to have IT resend it to me.
Thank you!! Lol that explains it. I hit the accept button too, and I've been waiting all week for the email lol! I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow.

wait how do you know if you are on the high priority alternate list or other alternate list?

wait how do you know if you are on the high priority alternate list or other alternate list?

They send you a different email saying that we are being offered a seat prior to the alternatives.

Was just accepted into the Western DPT class of 2020! Had my interview 1/18 and had been on the high priority wait list for a little under a month!

Reactions: 5 users
Was just accepted into the Western DPT class of 2020! Had my interview 1/18 and had been on the high priority wait list for a little under a month!

Congrats!!! when did you get put on the high priority wait list?? will you be accepting?

Has anyone made a class page on FB yet!?

Hey is anyone else having trouble accessing banner services? I'm trying to pay my deposit but the website is down and isn't working.