Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you, and good luck! Still waiting for the acceptance letter to arrive in the mail. Doesn't feel real yet!

Congrats!!! Interviewed the same day but still haven't heard anything :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just created a class Facebook group with docsmall!

It's under... Western University COMP Class of 2021

Feel free to join!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think they prefer first time applicants here's why: I interviewed here last cycle around March 5th, and wasn't accepted. This year they offered me another interview, and I literally submitted the exact same application (with the exception of 30 hrs shadowing another DO). When I went to the interview last Thursday and started talking about the post-bacc that I am currently finishing (one that I have verified grades for on AACOMAS), they said "We didn't know you were doing a post bacc.." So, apparently they just offered me an interview again, even though they had no evidence of me improving my application. All this time I thought my post bacc is what got me another interview. Go figure.

I got an interview for March from Western two years ago when my secondary was submitted in January, whereas this cycle, I still haven't gotten one even though I have a higher MCAT score (Bio score improved by 3-4) and more clinical volunteering experience...:/ I don't understand this....

For 1/26 interviewees... results are up!

I got rejected unfortunately... first rejection of the cycle.

I interviewed on 1/26 and just got rejected. Not even wait listed. This was my number 1 school and I feel absolutely heartbroken. It was my 2nd interview, the first of which was in Arkansas and I got placed on an alternate list for. It seems like I'll be reapplying this year. I'm happy for everyone else who got in. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed on 1/26 and just got rejected. Not even wait listed. This was my number 1 school and I feel absolutely heartbroken. It was my 2nd interview, the first of which was in Arkansas and I got placed on an alternate list for. It seems like I'll be reapplying this year. I'm happy for everyone else who got in. Good luck to everyone!

Sorry to hear that. :( That makes two of us. I was also shocked b/c not even waitlisted and seems like more students have been withdrawing their apps recently too. Admissions really is a crapshoot

Sorry to hear that. :( That makes two of us. I was also shocked b/c not even waitlisted and seems like more students have been withdrawing their apps recently too. Admissions really is a crapshoot
I was rejected too with a 30 mcat and over 2000 hours experience. Very frustrating and depressing.

I was rejected too with a 30 mcat and over 2000 hours experience. Very frustrating and depressing.

Wow, this is shocking but makes me feel better that I'm not alone? I'm surprised none of us got waitlisted at least. No clue what's going on ....

Wow, this is shocking but makes me feel better that I'm not alone? I'm surprised none of us got waitlisted at least. No clue what's going on ....
You're not alone. It's a ridiculous process.

For 1/26 interviewees... results are up!

I got rejected unfortunately... first rejection of the cycle.

Sorry to hear :( Are you guys checking your banweb to see the results? Because mine is still unfortunately blank. But best of luck to you at the other schools you applied to!

That's how I feel too. I wish things were different but I hope I can at least get in somewhere. I wish you the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear :( Are you guys checking your banweb to see the results? Because mine is still unfortunately blank. But best of luck to you at the other schools you applied to!
I have checked BanWeb and the area under decision is blank, but I highly doubt it would be different than a rejection. Have others been getting rejection emails but acceptances on BanWeb? It doesn't seem probable lol

I have checked BanWeb and the area under decision is blank, but I highly doubt it would be different than a rejection. Have others been getting rejection emails but acceptances on BanWeb? It doesn't seem probable lol

Not sure about that lol, but I haven't gotten any email and my BanWeb is still blank next to decision. So basically still haven't heard anything yet

Hey are you and the others who received a rejection in state or out of state? Western accepts over 90% in state so it makes it a lot tougher if OOS :/

Hey are you and the others who received a rejection in state or out of state? Western accepts over 90% in state so it makes it a lot tougher if OOS :/
Yeah, I'm out of state technically. But I was working in California.

The website is currently down.. Are all 1/26 results are out?

really hoping for a II here...anyone know until when they will be sending out IIs?

i've been on hold for an II since 11/29 and sent a few updates since

Reactions: 1 users
At my interview (2/9)they said they had 2 more dates and that the last one was in march. Who knows if they will add more though! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Did not receive any mail from Western but no rejection email

I interviewed 1/26. No rejection email and no update on the portal yet.

I just called admissions to see if decisions have been made. They said that the decisions are made but the letters haven't been sent yet because they're waiting for final confirmation from the dean. They added that letters should be sent out this week.

I think they might be a week behind. Admissions told me they will be meeting this Thursday to go over the Feb 9 interview day. I really hope I see a portal change this Friday

I'm in-state, only an hour drive away.

Hey there, I saw you on CUSOM threads! I'm also IS and about an hr drive away but also got rejected. I interviewed on 1/21 and gave them 2-3wks until I decided to call the admissions office. Martha said that the letters haven't been sent out yet which I thought was weird given it was way past the time they said it'd take. She also seemed a bit hesitant and I thought that if I was accepted she would've probably said something over the phone? lol then just in a few hours I got an email saying I was rejected. Oh wells.

Are you gonna be attending CUSOM?

Hey there, I saw you on CUSOM threads! I'm also IS and about an hr drive away but also got rejected. I interviewed on 1/21 and gave them 2-3wks until I decided to call the admissions office. Martha said that the letters haven't been sent out yet which I thought was weird given it was way past the time they said it'd take. She also seemed a bit hesitant and I thought that if I was accepted she would've probably said something over the phone? lol then just in a few hours I got an email saying I was rejected. Oh wells.

Are you gonna be attending CUSOM?

Sorry to hear that, hope you're having luck at other schools!

I'm surprised that it took them so long to send you a decision. But then again, they did say they had a lot of interviews in January. Maybe that is what's delaying the letter process.
When you called Martha, did she give you any indication as to when the letters were going to be sent? Or if all the decisions were made for your interview date?

Sorry to hear that, hope you're having luck at other schools!

I'm surprised that it took them so long to send you a decision. But then again, they did say they had a lot of interviews in January. Maybe that is what's delaying the letter process.
When you called Martha, did she give you any indication as to when the letters were going to be sent? Or if all the decisions were made for your interview date?

Yep, I have offers at other schools! I personally wasn't too impressed with the school for whatever reason and didn't think I aced the MMI portion either. I guess the feeling was mutual that we weren't too fond of each other lol It's just that my mom is sad that she won't have me close by haha.

On the interview day, they said that the committee will take 2 weeks to reach a decision and the decision will be sent out by snail mail. So I basically gave them one full week after the 2-week mark for the letter to get to me (I'm on the east coast) and didn't see anything in my mailbox. That's when I called Martha, was told that letters weren't sent out yet, and then got the rejection email a few hours after. So I think when she looked up what was going on with my file, she saw that I was rejected but somehow not notified of it, so she just told me that I will be getting the mail the following week. But I think what really happened was she let the admissions counselor know to send me the email because 1) the email came within hours of the phone call, and 2) I never got anything in the mail (it's been 2 weeks since).

Anyone else from the 02/09 interview group get alternate status?
I wonder how much movement there is on the waitlist.

Anyone else from the 02/09 interview group get alternate status?
I wonder how much movement there is on the waitlist.

How did you find out? I haven't received an email at all. I was really hoping for one today too... So does that mean I am either rejected or accepted, but not W/L?

@DantheManimal I received an email from them. I think they sent out all decisions on Friday, including acceptances, alternate status & rejections.

Neither I nor my friend who interviewed that day have heard anything. (2/09)

For anyone who sent in updates after their interview, did you get a confirmation email from your counselor?

Hey! If you have been accepted, FAFSA is due tomorrow!

Reactions: 2 users