Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did the full residency match list for 2017 ever get put up anywhere?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it did! Thats a good idea, ill message the admin right now:) thanks!! I also think that the residency match list is on the Facebook group for 2017 which i'm waiting to join. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

I cant seem to find the full list. mind posting it if you get your hands on it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know we are having a really intense conversation right now... but has anyone been accepted to the NW Facebook group? I am still pending the acceptance:(

Thanks for not turning this into yet another MD v DO thread lol but no I havnt been invited to one yet, haven't been able to locate our classes page yet either

What is the Facebook page official title some reason I can't find it?

Any idea when the alternate list people will start hearing back?

Reactions: 1 users
Oh no worries I just see the MD V DO threads escalate very quickly! It's a silly discussion that has been beat to death as we all know.

But thanks for the info on FB page

Reactions: 1 user
Oh no worries I just see the MD V DO threads escalate very quickly! It's a silly discussion that has been beat to death as we all know.

But thanks for the info on FB page
It is COMP-NW Class of 2021 and completely agreed I have no idea why people are still talking about it.

I received an email today about tuition fees for the upcoming year. I'm still on the alternate list! Did all the candidates receive the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I might be confusing this with a different school, but I recall being told we don't need books.

I received an email today about tuition fees for the upcoming year. I'm still on the alternate list! Did all the candidates receive the email?

yes yes indeed we did

I know we are having a really intense conversation right now... but has anyone been accepted to the NW Facebook group? I am still pending the acceptance:(
Nope, they're waiting to fill the class before they drop the email requirement.

guys our FB group is a bit weak... lol. we need to step it up haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else have to get their Hep B shots redone? I got them as a kid but sounds like I need a second series :(

Do you have a record of them? Why would you need more?
Yeah I already had one series of three. Titer said I was non reactive. But I called and they said I needed a second set of three to prove I'm a non converter.

Yeah I already had one series of three. Titer said I was non reactive. But I called and they said I needed a second set of three to prove I'm a non converter.

Yeah I had titers done a while ago and had to redo the series, new titers said I'm good to go. Got all my paperwork sent in and I'm good to go! Feels good

Yeah I had titers done a while ago and had to redo the series, new titers said I'm good to go. Got all my paperwork sent in and I'm good to go! Feels good

why did you have to redo the series? were the results inconclusive or did your immunity just diminish?

why did you have to redo the series? were the results inconclusive or did your immunity just diminish?

Sometimes you need boosters as an adult. I work in a hospital and had to get titers to test your immunity, and needed Hep B and Varicella Boosters. Same reason why you need a tetanus shot every 5 years, to be up to date.

Sometimes you need boosters as an adult. I work in a hospital and had to get titers to test your immunity, and needed Hep B and Varicella Boosters. Same reason why you need a tetanus shot every 5 years, to be up to date.
gotcha gotcha! thanks! thankfully my results were all good. I would rather give the shot than take it :)

out of curiousity, which banks are common in Lebanon/Corvallis/salem - I'm from the Midwest (IL) so the big players are Chase, BMO Harris, PNC, Bank of America. Any of those ring a bell? I don't want to be in Lebanon needing cash and realize there are not ATMs for my bank...

out of curiousity, which banks are common in Lebanon/Corvallis/salem - I'm from the Midwest (IL) so the big players are Chase, BMO Harris, PNC, Bank of America. Any of those ring a bell? I don't want to be in Lebanon needing cash and realize there are not ATMs for my bank...

Closest BoA is Albany/Corvallis. Looks like they have Chase, Wells Fargo, and some local chains
(Key Bank & Umpqua).

Join a local credit union, most of them will pay you to be a member (mine gives me 3% back on my checking account), and you then also support the local community :). Also, shared branching allows you to use other credit unions in the country just as though they were your own.

do we have to email Jeannie davis saying "I... would officially like to accept my intent to enroll" or whatever. I know AMCAS has that drop day or whatever on like April 15 I believe? but didn't know if AACOMAS did as well. Anyone know?

Have any of you guys checked your YOUPortal (you.westernu.edu) yet? Does it still say, "Academic Requirements Hold (Checklist Item Not received)."
It's been like for the past several months, and I was wondering if it is the same for you guys.

Have any of you guys checked your YOUPortal (you.westernu.edu) yet? Does it still say, "Academic Requirements Hold (Checklist Item Not received)."
It's been like for the past several months, and I was wondering if it is the same for you guys.
Have you been accepted?

I think that's cause we still have to get our shots and all that jazz

Reactions: 1 users

Yeah I called admissions who told me it's got to do with health screening, it'll go away sometime after that is submitted, although I've submitted mine and it's still there

Also, I called admissions about financial aid process, didn't quite get a clear cut answer, so I have done my FAFSA but I was wondering if there is any thing else I should be doing right now regarding financial aspect? (besides scholarship apps)

Also, I called admissions about financial aid process, didn't quite get a clear cut answer, so I have done my FAFSA but I was wondering if there is any thing else I should be doing right now regarding financial aspect? (besides scholarship apps)
Same.

Congratulations! So exciting. How did you hear back?
Also have you sent a LOI or a recommendation letter?

Thank you! I received a voicemail from admissions to notify me. I sent in a letter of intent about a month after my interview date and did not submit additional LoRs.

How does everyone feel about roommate so vs no roommates? I got a lease offer from the lodges for a one bedroom and I'm starting to have second thoughts. It is SO EXPENSIVE!!!☹️

How does everyone feel about roommate so vs no roommates? I got a lease offer from the lodges for a one bedroom and I'm starting to have second thoughts. It is SO EXPENSIVE!!!☹️
i know right! the lodges is 1,000 for a 1 bedroom... def wayyy too expensive. I was thinking going a little further out to save money. thoughts?

[/QUOTE]
i know right! the lodges is 1,000 for a 1 bedroom... def wayyy too expensive. I was thinking going a little further out to save money. thoughts?
I'm so conflicted. I wanted to live in the lodges because I could have a single but also be close enough to the school so that I would have people to hang out with, but I'm just not sure anymore! I'm thinking a few more bedrooms with roommates but I have a dog and a significant other that may visit so i don't want to bother them. Ugh. Are you looking at one bedrooms a bit further out? I'm worried about isolating myself too much!

I'm so conflicted. I wanted to live in the lodges because I could have a single but also be close enough to the school so that I would have people to hang out with, but I'm just not sure anymore! I'm thinking a few more bedrooms with roommates but I have a dog and a significant other that may visit so i don't want to bother them. Ugh. Are you looking at one bedrooms a bit further out? I'm worried about isolating myself too much![/QUOTE]
I'm looking for a one bedroom/studio only because I'm kind of OCD haha. But yeah, i thought it would be a lot cheaper... 1000 is wayy to much. Someplace 500-600 ish would be ideal.

I'm trying to live close with roommates.

do we have to email Jeannie davis saying "I... would officially like to accept my intent to enroll" or whatever. I know AMCAS has that drop day or whatever on like April 15 I believe? but didn't know if AACOMAS did as well. Anyone know?

I am note sure. I only accepted Western's acceptance. Does anyone know?

I do know that AACOMAS drop date is May 15.

"After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions." - AACOM

I am moving up with my S.O. too, and will prolly adopt a dog (corgi hopefully, it's my dream). I also have pet rats lol. I am happy most of the places accept pets :)
Price wise, Lodges is very expensive! But is literally across the street.