Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would you mind sharing if you're IS/OOS and your timeline for submission & complete/in-review? Also, was the update just an academic update? I submitted my update & transcript to AACOMAS but I've heard nothing about whether it was received, processed, etc. :confused:

WA resident.
Don't know when I was in review, but got all my stuff in around early September.
It was a non academic update I submitted via email.
I look forward to seeing you all interview day! Any advice on practicing for their mixed interview format?

Members don't see this ad.

I also received an interview invite yesterday late afternoon! super thrilled!! this is my first interview this year. :) I am IS, cum gpa 3.8 and mcat 513, I was complete sometime last week, my application was delayed for completion because of a letter issue, I submitted my secondary in early december.
the same dates were offered me, hopefully I will be confirmed for 2/6!

Did you end up contacting them regarding the "Decision" status when it had changed?
Yep! It was a glitch in their system after it was updated. Got the interview invite the next day after they responded though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello folks!

I'm arriving in Portland in a few hours (5pm pst). Let me know if anyone wants to share a rental. Cheers!

I'm staying at Best Western. I will be going to the casual pizza social on the 5th :)

Question about the MMI portion of the interview: are we allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes when we review the prompt? Will the prompt be displayed in the MMI room?

Thanks!

Question about the MMI portion of the interview: are we allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes when we review the prompt? Will the prompt be displayed in the MMI room?

Thanks!

The prompts weren't displayed in the room. I believe you can take notes, but you won't need to! The scenarios are pretty straight forward. Good luck!

Does anyone know how likely it is for someone on the interview waitlist/on hold to come off of it? I'm submitting an academic and non-academic update by the end of this week. Sent my updated transcripts to AACOMAS last week so still waiting for those to be updated. I also have an extra LOR that I could submit. Would it be a good idea to provide a LOI?

I just received an update email from Susan Hanson letting me know my application "remains under consideration" by the admissions committee. Anyone else receive this? I guess this is better than a rejection or hold?

I just received an update email from Susan Hanson letting me know my application "remains under consideration" by the admissions committee. Anyone else receive this? I guess this is better than a rejection or hold?
I received the same letter, I'm on interview waitlist/hold though. I thought it might have been in response to my update letter I sent recently but I suppose they just sent it out to all the people who are still on hold for interviews.

received this update email today too. I was put on hold since 11/20! I also sent an update letter last night so I thought it was a response to it too @Premedofthesouth

I've been complete since August without any updates. My emails have gone unanswered. Has my application been denied?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been complete since August without any updates. My emails have gone unanswered. Has my application been denied?
Have you seen anything on your banweb? Have you tried giving them a call?

On my way down shortly from Portland area! Will I see some of you at the Pizza Social?

It might be related to my pre-interview rejection at the Pomona campus
I don't think so, I had a Pomona pre-interview rejection but I'm still on the western interview waitlist.

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask when you interviewed?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Congratulations!!! Do you mind if I ask when you interviewed?

Hey everyone, COMP-NW class of 2017 here. I know it's late in the application season, but if anyone has questions about the school or the area just let me know. And to those who have been accepted, welcome to the family!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all!
I know it is still early for this group, but has anyone heard anything back from the 02/06 interviews?

Hi all!
I know it is still early for this group, but has anyone heard anything back from the 02/06 interviews?
Nope, nothing yet. I'm assuming they will notify us either later this week or early next week. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email from Andrea Williams on Feb 11th telling me that my application is on hold and I have not been selected for an interview at this time. She mentions that I can send updated application information to my admissions counselor. I would like to do this because Western U - Lebanon is my top choice and I have two additional publications since I completed my application. Does anyone know who my "admissions counselor" is?

I got an email from Andrea Williams on Feb 11th telling me that my application is on hold and I have not been selected for an interview at this time. She mentions that I can send updated application information to my admissions counselor. I would like to do this because Western U - Lebanon is my top choice and I have two additional publications since I completed my application. Does anyone know who my "admissions counselor" is?

I simply sent updates to their general email address titled "update */*/*" with the date and asked them to attach it to my application.

Just got a call from Dr Pham... Accepted!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
yes I also just got accepted!!!! so so so sooooooooo happy! interviewed 2/6

Reactions: 3 users
I got ACCEPTED as well!
Same group-02/06
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Has anyone heard any news today about acceptances for the 02/06 interview? Will they let us know on BanWeb if we were waitlisted/rejected before we receive the official letter in the mail? Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those who are waiting! :)

Hey guys! Has anyone heard any news today about acceptances for the 02/06 interview? Will they let us know on BanWeb if we were waitlisted/rejected before we receive the official letter in the mail? Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those who are waiting! :)
Yes, they post on the portal first.

They called me to let me know the letter was on the way.

Dear current students, could you please talk about how physically personal the students get? I know that at some schools you do physical exams on each other, with like 20 other students in the room. Basically, everybody sees each other naked/half dressed. I come from a different culture and don't really feel too comfortable with this idea of being undressed in front of a crowd. I understand that it'll be part of the job to see others, but it's different. I get that you practice omt on each other, but at least you're dressed. Do you practice gyno exams on each other, and does every female partake, or do you use the sim robots? How does this work? Thanks in advance!

Hmmm, there has not been an update to my Banweb on the "decision" section. Perhaps they make decisions in waves?

Random question.. When you receive your acceptance packet does it include your financial aid package? Also, how long does it typically take to receive?

Random question.. When you receive your acceptance packet does it include your financial aid package? Also, how long does it typically take to receive?
I believe they sent it out either last thursday or friday so I would give it some time.

When you get your acceptance letter in the mail you will be given a WesternU email address. When you log into the email account you will have an email entitled "WesternU Financial Aid Overview". This email explains the process of applying for and receiving financial aid. I am sure the financial aid disbursement will happen a little closer to the start of classes. Hope this helps.

Much appreciated! The disbursement is on a schedule. I just received the acceptance letter and was able to log in. However, I don't see a specific letter of financial aid. I will email the financial aid department for more information. Thank you!

Does anyone know how long WesternU's application cycle is?

Waitlisted :/
I'm also an applicant, and got waitlisted (1/23 interview day). I hear there is very little movement on the waitlist since the school is so small and gives so few interviews/seat. Do you know if that's true?