General Admissions & OTCAS Western New England University (WNEU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlot96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I will be applying to OT schools this fall for the 2018-2019 year. Considering my mediocre GPA, GRE scores, observation hours, and experience, and the fact that I live in Western Mass as well as cost, Western New England University's OT doctorate program is my first choice. I haven't seen much on here about this program and can't seem to find any stats in terms of admission and was wondering how difficult/easy it is to be accepted?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was just following up on this question. I'm interested in applying to the OTD program at WNEU and I was wondering if you ended up getting accepted?

The program is fairly new. I believe the admissions person told me it was only about a year old, and it was in the process of being accredited.

Members don't see this ad :)
(Was accepted at WNE for 2018-2019) One thing I can say is that WNE really does go back into the waitlist and offer students on the waitlist spots. I know they review it all the way to mid-may/early June sometimes. I was such a candidate! I also know of two others who got in that way! Even though I got full acceptances at other schools, I wanted to stick to the east coast so I held out keeping only my acceptance to a school with a Jan start just in case. My GPA was at the low end - 3.3 undergrad and 3.2 Masters; however my I had a varied rich experience in observation hours. Most schools want between 50 and 80 hours in comparison to WNE’s 14 hour requirement. That’s something I would strive to go above
because it really will help you! I tried 5 different settings and did 65 hours in each to give you an idea
Hello,
I will be applying to OT schools this fall for the 2018-2019 year. Considering my mediocre GPA, GRE scores, observation hours, and experience, and the fact that I live in Western Mass as well as cost, Western New England University's OT doctorate program is my first choice. I haven't seen much on here about this program and can't seem to find any stats in terms of admission and was wondering how difficult/easy it is to be accepted?

Thanks![/QUOTE

Also i imagine because WNE isnt fully accredited yet that it’s a good bit easier to get into. But it’s not a rule of thumb- I got into 3 well established Florida and Midwest schools respectively with that 3.3. You’ll be fine!
Hello,

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user