Western c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else just have a mini-heart attack at that "selection" email that just went out? I thought it was our actual admissions/rejection/waitlists notification :laugh:
YES OH MY
GODDDDD

Members don't see this ad.

I just want to knowww! My interview was just so weird. The first half was so shaky but the second went so well!! I feel like it's a fifty fifty chance lol.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I'm super nervous!!! I'm trying not to dwell on everything because there's nothing I can do at this point, but I just feel like my chances as a white female are super low, especially after watching the video from the dean!! I'm hoping that my experience and interview will carry me through because in every other aspect I'm not very "diverse":nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah. I watched it too. It kinda sucks that they have to take it into account like that. I think diversity is important, very much so, but we all work hard and one person's acceptance shouldn't be at the expense of another's just for the sake of making the university "as diverse as possible".

I used to be an engineering major and I know if I had continued that path and gotten a job I would've wanted to know that I earned that job through my hard work, not just because hiring a female engineer makes the firm look less male-dominated.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm super nervous!!! I'm trying not to dwell on everything because there's nothing I can do at this point, but I just feel like my chances as a white female are super low, especially after watching the video from the dean!! I'm hoping that my experience and interview will carry me through because in every other aspect I'm not very "diverse":nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:
Ahh I saw that too! Part of me thinks they won't rely on that factor TOO heavily, there's always hope x.x Just can't stop thinking about it.

Ahh I saw that too! Part of me thinks they won't rely on that factor TOO heavily, there's always hope x.x Just can't stop thinking about it.
Yeah, my mom sent me a picture of their student demographics and it's 36% white (that's the majority of students), so I'm sure it will be fine! I just need Friday to come faster!!!

That's the last day of school for me so luckily I will be distracted by final exams until then. I hate just sitting on my hands like this. Best of luck to all of you guys. We may end up being classmates in August!

What video?

A lot of my class is white. I mean, we're certainly pretty diverse, but... a lot of us are white.

What video?

A lot of my class is white. I mean, we're certainly pretty diverse, but... a lot of us are white.

They sent us a video with a message from the dean about the selection process yesterday. It basically details the last step -- going through the pile of "acceptable applications", identified only by number, with one of the only pieces of personal information being race/culture, how the aim is to create a diverse class that resembles the face of America etc

They sent us a video with a message from the dean about the selection process yesterday. It basically details the last step -- going through the pile of "acceptable applications", identified only by number, with one of the only pieces of personal information being race/culture, how the aim is to create a diverse class that resembles the face of America etc
Huh. Western has definitely always pushed diversity, which is a good thing, but I hope he's still picking you guys based on merit and not just trying to fulfill a quota.

I'm sure they are, it's just very odd that they would emphasize something like that. We all know that affirmative action is something all institutions take into account but he made it seem like a much bigger deal at Western

Huh. Western has definitely always pushed diversity, which is a good thing, but I hope he's still picking you guys based on merit and not just trying to fulfill a quota.
That's what I'm hoping for!! I can't imagine working this hard and just not getting picked because there was someone else who is just as good, but a different skin color!

Does any one know if they use our interview score when they select the class? I watched the video multiple times and I didn't hear that they did...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
woahhhh which video did you guys get? If I didn't get it, does it mean that I'm not even considered anymore after the Interviews? :eek:

woahhhh which video did you guys get? If I didn't get it, does it mean that I'm not even considered anymore after the Interviews? :eek:

You should have gotten an email on Wednesday that just told us that decisions will be sent out on Friday December 16th, and they had a video about how they select the class!

Does any one know if they use our interview score when they select the class? I watched the video multiple times and I didn't hear that they did...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
All I heard was them say that the interviewers give us a rating of up to four stars and I think that that just plays a role in the overall view of our file.

It's almost DECISION DAY!!! I'm surprised that it's so quiet in this thread :hello:

I know! Excited, but also scared :confused:

It's almost DECISION DAY!!! I'm surprised that it's so quiet in this thread :hello:
I can't wait to just know already!!!! I feel like it's been forever since we all interviewed!:laugh:

EVERYONE!! CHECK YOUR PORTAL!!! My "Decision" section has been updated...

What does it say??? I can't check until I'm home because I can't remember my password and it's saved on my computer haha

What does it say??? I can't check until I'm home because I can't remember my password and it's saved on my computer haha

Mine says - Decision: Institution Acceptance

I don't want to get too excited (even though I am and my hands are shaking and I can't breathe right now lol) because it's not Friday and they haven't sent out the emails yet.

Where do we even login to our portal? It's been so long I don't even remember lol.

Mine says - Decision: Institution Acceptance

I don't want to get too excited (even though I am and my hands are shaking and I can't breathe right now lol) because it's not Friday and they haven't sent out the emails yet.
Well congratulations!!! It sounds like you're in!!! Mine is still blank, so I'm not sure if they've gone through all of them yet, or what!!! I'd rather mine be blank than say declined :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Found it! Mine says "institution acceptance" as well! And then has a button to "accept" the offer.

I don't want to get ahead of myself since like clau said its not Friday yet...BUT it does basically say by clicking "accept offer" you're agreeing to submit a deposit and their terms etc...which is good?

Found it! Mine says "institution acceptance" as well! And then has a button to "accept" the offer.

I don't want to get ahead of myself since like clau said its not Friday yet...BUT it does basically say by clicking "accept offer" you're agreeing to submit a deposit and their terms etc...which is good?

I hope so!!! Congrats!!!

Well congratulations!!! It sounds like you're in!!! Mine is still blank, so I'm not sure if they've gone through all of them yet, or what!!! I'd rather mine be blank than say declined :laugh:

Thank you!! And yes, we are all not sure if anything is 100% official until those emails come through!

Where do we even login to our portal? It's been so long I don't even remember lol.

I don't remember how to log in either; is it the link to the secondary application on their website? I am getting an error message for that.

I don't remember how to log in either; is it the link to the secondary application on their website? I am getting an error message for that.

I looked for the link to it in my email, and then from there I clicked on the link to my supplemental app.

Ditto - mine has not changed either :)

Yeah, that's what I used. From there it'll say the current cycle is closed but you can still click on your own supplemental app. I'm sure there will be more updated application statuses in the morning!

I checked again and my portal no longer shows a "decision" box.... I have no idea what that means!:confused:

I checked again and my portal no longer shows a "decision" box.... I have no idea what that means!:confused:
Maybe they're updating more as we speak? I mean I did get my invitation email like at 9:30pm (pacific) so it wouldn't be all that surprising lol.

yes I don't even have a "decision" box either ..... I'm hoping the same

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe they're updating more as we speak? I mean I did get my invitation email like at 9:30pm (pacific) so it wouldn't be all that surprising lol.

That's true!! I got my invite at like midnight pacific time Well hopefully we will know more tomorrow! If not, one more day won't kill me!

Mine is gone now too :confused:

Maybe they were never supposed to be up in the first place with the big reveal being Friday and what-not. What if they realized everyone logging into their portals and just shut it down lol :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe they were never supposed to be up in the first place with the big reveal being Friday and what-not. What if they realized everyone logging into their portals and just shut it down lol :laugh:
OH SNAP!!!

Good morning, everyone!

We apologize for the inconvenience as we learn why the system added a decision section. Candidates will all be notified by email only of their status tomorrow. We do not provide status via the portal. Please be patient as we work to fix the issue. Emails will be going out by midday tomorrow to all candidates that interviewed. Please watch for a letter in the mail as well.

Best of luck to all!

Karen Lopez, MBA
Director of Admissions
College of Veterinary Medicine

Well, that's pretty unfortunate if any of those decisions end up not being consistent with whatever comes out tomorrow.

Portal updated! Accepted!!!
Please Read:

Good morning, everyone!

We apologize for the inconvenience as we learn why the system added a decision section. Candidates will all be notified by email only of their status tomorrow. We do not provide status via the portal. Please be patient as we work to fix the issue. Emails will be going out by midday tomorrow to all candidates that interviewed. Please watch for a letter in the mail as well.

Best of luck to all!

Karen Lopez, MBA
Director of Admissions

Please Read:

Good morning, everyone!

Best of luck to all!

Karen Lopez, MBA
Director of Admissions
This seems like a pretty big mistake. If they don't provide status via the portal, why is there even a section for it?

Everyone stay positive! Today is the day, I can't wait to see you all post your decisions! Good luck to you all :)

Last edited:
Urgso nervoussss. I feel like im just waiting for that rejection letter....BUT I WILL STILL HOPE :xf:

Urgso nervoussss. I feel like im just waiting for that rejection letter....BUT I WILL STILL HOPE :xf:

Breathe, you got this! Is Western your first choice?

Last edited:
This seems like a pretty big mistake. If they don't provide status via the portal, why is there even a section for it?
My guess is that section of the portal is for AFTER they have informed us if we've been accepted or not. This is where we will accept or decline the invitation to enroll. Someone probably uploaded or activated that portion prematurely.