Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beachbum92

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from WCU yet? i received an email 2 weeks ago saying I met the requirements for their program and that they will send another email if I'm chosen for an interview.

I was curious if anyone has an upcoming interview with them.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from WCU yet? i received an email 2 weeks ago saying I met the requirements for their program and that they will send another email if I'm chosen for an interview.

Hi, I got the same email about 2 weeks ago as well and curious if anyone has received an interview yet. Did you apply for the MOT or OTD program?

When did you guys apply? I've been holding off on submitting but might end up applying since I've been waitlisted everywhere else that I've applied to.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you guys apply? I've been holding off on submitting but might end up applying since I've been waitlisted everywhere else that I've applied to.
I applied early January for the OTD program, but just found out today I was accepted to Stanbridge University

I applied in october! But i was accepted into stanbridge too. But i want to see about wcu as well

I applied early January for the OTD program, but just found out today I was accepted to Stanbridge University

Congrats! I was accepted to stanbridge as well. Are you definitely attending?

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm still waiting to hear back from west coast. How about you?

I'm the same way. I want to hear back from west coast too. However, if i dont vet in i'll definitely go to stanbridge

Reactions: 1 user
WCU's website says, "Submit a completed application for admission and pay $75 application fee through WCU and OTCAS and submit transcripts by the deadline."
For anyone who completed their application, did you send in your OTCAS application and then wait for an email to pay the WCU fee? I've already sent my OTCAS application and I want to make sure I'm not missing any steps/fees so that they can review my application.
I'm wondering where/how I pay the WCU fee considering I've already paid the OTCAS fee. Thanks!

WCU's website says, "Submit a completed application for admission and pay $75 application fee through WCU and OTCAS and submit transcripts by the deadline."
For anyone who completed their application, did you send in your OTCAS application and then wait for an email to pay the WCU fee? I've already sent my OTCAS application and I want to make sure I'm not missing any steps/fees so that they can review my application.
I'm wondering where/how I pay the WCU fee considering I've already paid the OTCAS fee. Thanks!

There two diff fees one through OTCAS and one through the WCU website. I just paid them both at the same time. You can email to confirm if they received your application and WCU payment.

I applied to WCU in December. I got that same email as you guys as well.. I wonder if they've already or when they will be starting interviews

I
I applied to WCU in December. I got that same email as you guys as well.. I wonder if they've already or when they will be starting interviews
invitation for interview come out the first week of May and acceptances June

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I can't believe that they're only doing interviews for one month! I applied last August for the spring start and they were doing interviews at least a month and a half before the September deadline and then more after the deadline and I didn't hear back until mid October. It sounds like this time around will be a lot quicker!

Wow, I can't believe that they're only doing interviews for one month! I applied last August for the spring start and they were doing interviews at least a month and a half before the September deadline and then more after the deadline and I didn't hear back until mid October. It sounds like this time around will be a lot quicker!
Yea I was surprised myself!, did you apply to the OTD or MOT program?

Did you apply for Spring 2018? Let me know if you hear back regarding interviews!

Did you apply for Spring 2018? Let me know if you hear back regarding interviews!
I applied for fall 2017! But still havent heard anything. I think i'll most likely attend stanbridge anyway.

I am waiting patiently and hoping for this interview! They told me they will let students know if they get interviews in the first week of may. Good luck everyone! I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best <3

Reactions: 1 users
So I just realized there was a huge malfunction and in my application through OTCAS to the school had A&PI listed twice and not Sociology for one of my prereqs. I emailed Mary immediately, but does any know how badly this is going to impact me? has this happened to anyone?????

Just received my invitation for an interview for the OTD program

Reactions: 1 users
So I just realized there was a huge malfunction and in my application through OTCAS to the school had A&PI listed twice and not Sociology for one of my prereqs. I emailed Mary immediately, but does any know how badly this is going to impact me? has this happened to anyone?????
Sorry that happened to you I received an email a while back that my application met the requirements for the program.
Just received my invitation for an interview for the OTD program

Same goodluck!

Last edited:
I also received an email saying that i met the requirements and will be interviewing on May 19th! Will be flying out to CA from the East coast for the interview! Does anyone have the same date?

For those that have already received an email for an interview, did you guys apply for Fall 2017 or Spring 2018?

For those that have already received an email for an interview, did you guys apply for Fall 2017 or Spring 2018?
Fall 2018. I think Spring invites will be sent in a month or 2

Hey is anyone worried that the program isn't accredited yet and only received candidacy status?? I also have an interview!

Hey is anyone worried that the program isn't accredited yet and only received candidacy status?? I also have an interview!
I wouldn't worry at all. I have attended multiple info sessions for their MSOT program and have gotten to know the OT students in the program (for the masters) as well. Their master's program is fantastic and they take great care of their students. The majority of the professors have their own practice and have received their degree from USC. I would not have a single worry about them getting the OTD program accredited. I had my interview scheduled for this Friday, but I cancelled it because after looking at the number of units per semester I don't think I could handle it. So that opens my seat for another person to get an interview. I have already applied for their MSOT program though :) Best of luck to you and everyone applying!!

I wouldn't worry at all. I have attended multiple info sessions for their MSOT program and have gotten to know the OT students in the program (for the masters) as well. Their master's program is fantastic and they take great care of their students. The majority of the professors have their own practice and have received their degree from USC. I would not have a single worry about them getting the OTD program accredited. I had my interview scheduled for this Friday, but I cancelled it because after looking at the number of units per semester I don't think I could handle it. So that opens my seat for another person to get an interview. I have already applied for their MSOT program though :) Best of luck to you and everyone applying!!
thanks girl! good luck to you as well

Has anyone had their interview yet and would love to share any tips for the rest of us?!?! :)

I received an email invitation for an interview on July 7th. Anyone else interviewing on that date too? Also, if you've previously gone through the interview at WCU, any tips or suggestions? Thanks! :)

I received an email invitation for an interview on July 7th. Anyone else interviewing on that date too? Also, if you've previously gone through the interview at WCU, any tips or suggestions? Thanks! :)
I interview July 7th as well!

Received mine yesterday too! But will decline since I already got accepted into a program.

I have gone through WCU's interview. It is not a group interview! Great to create connection with the interviewer since it is just the two of you. Typical questions like: Why OT, Why WCU, Define OT.. then there is a writing prompt you have to write about after the interview.

Received mine yesterday too! But will decline since I already got accepted into a program.

I have gone through WCU's interview. It is not a group interview! Great to create connection with the interviewer since it is just the two of you. Typical questions like: Why OT, Why WCU, Define OT.. then there is a writing prompt you have to write about after the interview.

Thanks a lot! Doesn't seem too intense. And congrats on getting accepted into a program! :)

Has anyone heard back from west coast if they got in or not for fall 2017 OTD???

For anyone who lives on the East coast, did you fly out to WCU for an interview? Do they offer Skype/phone interviews and if so, how did you initiate the Skype interview?

For anyone who lives on the East coast, did you fly out to WCU for an interview? Do they offer Skype/phone interviews and if so, how did you initiate the Skype interview?
I know last year they did offer Skype interviews, but there is also a writing component that you will do right after the interview which you have 45 min. to complete and send over to them. I'm not sure if they are still doing that though. They changed their format from last year to include multiple interviews instead of just one along with the written essay and they are including a tour of the school as well, which is new. You used to have to attend an info session to get a tour. So idk how important the tour is to you or how important they feel it is that you get a tour. I would contact the school

I know last year they did offer Skype interviews, but there is also a writing component that you will do right after the interview which you have 45 min. to complete and send over to them. I'm not sure if they are still doing that though. They changed their format from last year to include multiple interviews instead of just one along with the written essay and they are including a tour of the school as well, which is new. You used to have to attend an info session to get a tour. So idk how important the tour is to you or how important they feel it is that you get a tour. I would contact the school
Awesome, thank you!!

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm from the east coast and I've received an interview invitation but wasn't sure if they offered Skype interviews. Did you ask about that or are you just going to take the trip to Cali? Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm from the east coast and I've received an interview invitation but wasn't sure if they offered Skype interviews. Did you ask about that or are you just going to take the trip to Cali? Thanks in advance!
I'm going to make the trip out to California. I figured if there is a writing prompt and tour it will be beneficial to be there in person. Good luck on your interview!

Hey guys! I was curious if any of you who went through the interview process for the OTD could give me some insight into what questions they asked?

Hi, I have an interview for the MSOT program on July 14th. does anyone else have this date?

I am also flying out from the east coast..

I'm going to make the trip out to California. I figured if there is a writing prompt and tour it will be beneficial to be there in person. Good luck on your interview!
Same here! Good luck!

I think it went well. Does anyone know how long it will take them to get back to us in regards to final decisions?

Awesome!!! What did they ask and all? And I'm flying out tomorrow. My interview is Friday morning!