West Coast University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpt7899

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Have yet to hear any updates from West Coast. Their deadline is Feb 15, so hopefully we'll hear something back around then.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
they said they sent me the wrong date, did they do the same with you?

I got the same email (something about a glitch with PTCAS). I'll most likely decline it so hopefully someone else will receive an interview. Good luck to you all!

I got the same email (something about a glitch with PTCAS). I'll most likely decline it so hopefully someone else will receive an interview. Good luck to you all!
did you receive another email with a new date yet?

So I received the email about the error, saying I have an interview, but I never received an original email with the wrong dates in the first place. Do I really have an interview?

So I received the email about the error, saying I have an interview, but I never received an original email with the wrong dates in the first place. Do I really have an interview?
same here! so I'm wondering???

Just got my invitation. March 7th!

I got one too, march 28

How many applicant will they interview ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't received an interview invite yet but I'm genuinely curious and hoping you guys can kindly chime in on this.

How do you all feel about entering a program (West Coast U) that has not been accredited yet? Should we be worried? Is there a backup plan if the program is not accredited by the time we graduate?

my interview date is a march 28th as well, pretty far away :arghh:

my interview date is a march 28th as well, pretty far away :arghh:
I don't know if i should go or not, i don't have good feeling about the program and the future of it. Mine is 28 also

I declined my interview, hopefully one of you get my spot! :)

I don't know if i should go or not, i don't have good feeling about the program and the future of it. Mine is 28 also

I changed it to March 7th just to get it out of the way. But yea they are not accredited are they?

Haven't received an interview invite yet but I'm genuinely curious and hoping you guys can kindly chime in on this.

How do you all feel about entering a program (West Coast U) that has not been accredited yet? Should we be worried? Is there a backup plan if the program is not accredited by the time we graduate?

Unfortunately, this is one of the issues plaguing our profession - overwhelming demand leading to for-profit institutions. We will eventually over saturate our profession and see our already low salaries decline. To answer your question, most applicants' desire to enter the profession greatly outweighs their concerns about accreditation. In some cases, it will be the only program that they are accepted to. With that said, there should be a backup plan in place required by the CAPTE (ref required).

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Got an interview March 21st! On a Monday.. anybody going to that??

I got rejected 2 weeks ago and recieved this about 3 days ago...

"We would like to inform you that we have re-reviewed a group of applications, due to new criteria we want to consider in our eligible candidates.Your application was chosen, and we think you may be a good candidate for our program."

I wonder what they re- reviewed but my interview is on march 7 at 1... Did anyone else recieve this?!

"We would like to inform you that we have re-reviewed a group of applications, due to new criteria we want to consider in our eligible candidates.Your application was chosen, and we think you may be a good candidate for our program."

I wonder what they re- reviewed but my interview is on march 7 at 1... Did anyone else recieve this?!

I just received the same email this morning. I was rejected from their program about 2 weeks ago as well. Debating whether I want to goto the interview.

Can anyone chime in about the program or the interview process? Wondering what their "new criteria" is...

I just received the same email this morning. I was rejected from their program about 2 weeks ago as well. Debating whether I want to goto the interview.

Can anyone chime in about the program or the interview process? Wondering what their "new criteria" is...

This is purely speculation, but their "new criteria" may have to do with a lower than expected applicant pool.

I did too. My interview is March 7 at 1 too. Are you going ?

Got an interview March 21st! On a Monday.. anybody going to that??

My interview is on March 21st at 8am as well. Still debating whether I'd go or not since I was already making a transition to attend St Augustine (Austin campus) to start in May.

My interview is on March 21st at 8am as well. Still debating whether I'd go or not since I was already making a transition to attend St Augustine (Austin campus) to start in May.
I realized a couple of weeks ago that an acquaintance of mine works there, and I asked about the program bc I'd applied there. I was told very frankly that if I had other offers I'd be better off accepting one of those. o_O

Reactions: 3 users
I realized a couple of weeks ago that an acquaintance of mine works there, and I asked about the program bc I'd applied there. I was told very frankly that if I had other offers I'd be better off accepting one of those. o_O

Woah did they have specific reasons for saying that? I'm extremely wary of the program, but I'll be attending the interview this Monday just to see what it's like.

Woah did they have specific reasons for saying that? I'm extremely wary of the program, but I'll be attending the interview this Monday just to see what it's like.
Were you originally declined from WCU?

I was also originally rejected by the school and got an email last week for an interview tomorrow morning. I'm waitlisted for Chapman, Briar Cliff, and Touro. So, this kind of worries me that someone's friend suggested going somewhere else. Helppppp

I'm really curious how your interview goes. Everything has seemed kinda disorganized so far. Let us know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm really curious how your interview goes. Everything has seemed kinda disorganized so far. Let us know what you think!

I have a friend in the program and he really enjoys it and I actually interviewed here last cycle. I thought it was a great place and felt super modern. The only thing that I was worried about was the lack of cadavers. So hearing some doubt is a little of a surprise to me. Hope I get in though.

I agree that the facilities seemed really nice when I toured. Glad to hear your friend is having a good experience. What does he think of not working with cadavers? GL with your interview!

Were you originally declined from WCU?
No they contacted me 2/16 with a weird e-mail about sending the wrong interview information when it was the first e-mail I had ever gotten from them.

No they contacted me 2/16 with a weird e-mail about sending the wrong interview information when it was the first e-mail I had ever gotten from them.
Yeah I got a denial for an interview and then an interview acceptance. Did you have your interview Monday morning?

I was also originally rejected by the school and got an email last week for an interview tomorrow morning. I'm waitlisted for Chapman, Briar Cliff, and Touro. So, this kind of worries me that someone's friend suggested going somewhere else. Helppppp
How did your interview go? I interviewed Monday morning and felt good about it. The facilities are nice and new but still have that feeling that it is too new and possibly risky to go to a school that doesn't have any stats yet. Their second years were going on their first 6 week clinicals (they have a total of 51 weeks of clinicals).

I asked about the possibility of not receiving accreditation in November 2017 and they stated they feel confident it will go through, but nothing is 100%. Worst case scenario they have agreements with 5 schools that would take their students should the school close.

I decided to decline my interview. Hopefully that opens up an opportunity for someone else.

No I was told they were going to let us know beginning of April. So fingers crossed!
Hello
So how many interview dates they have and how many people you had interview with on march 7? And if you know how many spot will be open?
Thanks

Hello
So how many interview dates they have and how many people you had interview with on march 7? And if you know how many spot will be open?
Thanks
I believe 2 more dates. 3/21 and 3/28. They said they are interview 250 students for 40 spots.

Hi guys!

So I have my interview at West Coast University on March 28. For those who have already had their interview, was a written section (short essay) part of the interview process?

Hi guys!

So I have my interview at West Coast University on March 28. For those who have already had their interview, was a written section (short essay) part of the interview process?
No. What are your stats ?

No. What are your stats ?

ha. pretty bad! But here they are:

cumulative gpa: 3.0
self reported prereq gpa: 3.74 (highest grades)
**hopefully my recent attempts at the PT prerequisites make up for my terrible science gpa because I have A's in my prerequisites classes except for B's in the chemistry series
science gpa: 2.58 (I repeated a lot of classes my freshmen and sophomore years)<-- really bad student during these years
GRE: 144 verbal, 147 math, 3.5 analytical writing <-- not so good either

Extracurricular: Varsity collegiate swim team (team captain), volunteered second harvest food bank, Circle K International, anatomy and physiology tutor

PT Experience: PT aide for 2 years (private outpatient), volunteered at various places that include skilled nursing facility, acute care (Stanford Hospital) and outpatient setting (Kaiser), will be working working as a rehab technician (inpatient setting) at a hospital in 2 weeks

Other unrelated PT experiences: Sports Medicine Internship with athletic trainers, Swim instructor for 2 years (working with babies to adults), Coldstone Creamery for 2 years

No I was told they were going to let us know beginning of April. So fingers crossed!

So is the interview only an interview where they get to know you? I just want to make sure because if there is a written section I can prepare for that.

How many people interviewed you?

Who interviewed you?

How was the overall interview process?

West Coast University is my number one choice :)

So is the interview only an interview where they get to know you? I just want to make sure because if there is a written section I can prepare for that.

How many people interviewed you?

Who interviewed you?

How was the overall interview process?

West Coast University is my number one choice :)

Hello I had my interview on March 8th (first day of interviews). We were interviewed in pairs and I was interviewed by a professor and a 2nd year student. They asked very generic questions like "why physical therapy" and such. They gave us turns answering the questions. They were very interested in getting to know us and also allowed for a lot of questions so that was good.

Hello I had my interview on March 8th (first day of interviews). We were interviewed in pairs and I was interviewed by a professor and a 2nd year student. They asked very generic questions like "why physical therapy" and such. They gave us turns answering the questions. They were very interested in getting to know us and also allowed for a lot of questions so that was good.

Thank you! I have a couple more questions:

So was it a group interview or one on one?

If it was a group interview how many applicants were part of your group?

How long did the whole interview last?