General Admissions & OTCAS West coast university 2018 Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT4444

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to WCU Masters spring term for 2018?

Members don't see this ad.

Was thinking of applying but do not know much about the school as I live on the east coast. The application is not due for a while. Do you know much about the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!
Has anyone applied to the OTD program at West Coast U. and heard back about interviews? Thanks.

Hi!

I received an invitation for an interview on May 19. I currently live in NJ so I'll be flying out to CA! Anyone have the same date?

Last edited:
Yep, I applied in December.

Thank you! I applied to the OTD program. So excited to interview! Are you a prospective student too?
I applied for the Master's program, so fingers crossed that I'll be hearing back about an interview soon!

I just applied for their master's program that starts in 2018. Has anyone had their interview yet?

I just applied for their master's program that starts in 2018. Has anyone had their interview yet?
Invitations for interviews for the masters will be sent out in July

Reactions: 1 user
Got my interview invitation for the Masters today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you after the interview?

Me too. does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you after the interview?
Last time I interviewed it took about two months to two and a half months

Is anyone from the East coast who got invited for an interview? I'm wondering if it is worth it to fly out to California just for an interview, or if maybe they offer Skype interviews.

How many people will they be accepting for the masters program?

How many people will they be accepting for the masters program?
I believe it is 28. They told my group that they were only interviewing this month and are interviewing about 100 applicants.. They also said that the spots can increase to 35 but that is only if they get construction done on the OT floor of the building on time.... but construction never ends on time, so I wouldn't count on that..

Does anyone know when we are supposed hear back by? I can't recall..

Does anyone know when we are supposed hear back by? I can't recall..
I have my interview this Friday and know we are the last group being interviewed. I'm guessing we should hear back starting the first week of August hopefully.

I have my interview this Friday and know we are the last group being interviewed. I'm guessing we should hear back starting the first week of August hopefully.
Good Luck on your interview! If you get the chance and are able to ask when we should hear back by, please do and let us know!

Reactions: 1 users
Good Luck on your interview! If you get the chance and are able to ask when we should hear back by, please do and let us know!
I think I remember someone saying that they have meetings on Wednesdays and that next Wednesday when they meet they will discuss and make their decisions, but I'm not sure if they will be sending out emails that day or the next week..

I was told we would hear back by the second week of August..

I got into West Coast for the 2018 school year!!!

Congrats guys! Still haven't heard anything.. this is not a good sign

Congrats everyone!! I got accepted as well!!!!

I got on the priority waiting list. Anyone know anything about that?

I was accepted last Wednesday! Is there a Facebook group going around? CONGRATS!!

Reactions: 2 users
Is anybody looking for a roommate? :) If so, feel free to message me!

I'm applying for fall 2018. Can anyone who got in list their stats? Thanks!

I'm applying for fall 2018. Can anyone who got in list their stats? Thanks!
Major: kinesiology
Emphasis: health promotion
Pre-req: 3.6
Last 60 units: 4.0
*WCU no longer looks at cumulative GPA

Volunteering:
96 hours hippotherapy
40 hours hand therapy
200 hours pediatrics clinic
100 hours pediatrics sensory-based clinic
30 hours out patient Nero and hand therapy

Other stuff
-ABA therapist
-Sigma Kappa Sorority
-Golden Key Honour Society
-Attended Handwriting Without Tears workshop
-CPR+First Aid certified
-Led a social group for the children at the sensory-based clinic

I would focus on answering the questions of why you want to attend WCU. If you have a great answer then you're more likely to move up on their list. Also, they don't look at your personal statement so just make sure you practice your timed-writing skills

Hi guys! Congrats everyone! Is there a facebook group for this cohort?

Currently still waiting to hear back.. I am number 3 on the waitlist. Does anyone know any stats on the waitlists or how long it can take to move up? I just want to know what my chances of getting in are.

Currently still waiting to hear back.. I am number 3 on the waitlist. Does anyone know any stats on the waitlists or how long it can take to move up? I just want to know what my chances of getting in are.
I think your chances are pretty high. I applied last year and was placed 9th on the wait list. 2 weeks before classes start I was second, but ultimately did not get in. I remember that moved up quickly the first month or so after being told I was wait listed

wow! Thats really good to know, gives me hope! Thank you. So did they update you every month?
Mary should email you with an update as people drop, so if she hasn't emailed you then you haven't moved on the list. But it also doesn't hurt to email Mary just in case.

has anyone who has been accepted for 2018 have a list of people who are attending? I want to make a facebook group for us if there isn't one already!

has anyone who has been accepted for 2018 have a list of people who are attending? I want to make a facebook group for us if there isn't one already!
There is a general Facebook group for MSOT/DOT students at WCU but I have not seen one made for the class entering in spring 2018 specifically

You might want to make it a private group instead of a page
yep! That's what I'm am looking to do. I made the page so if anyone attending looks for a facebook group they will find the page and like it. From there I can see who is attending and create a private group since facebook doesn't allow me to make a private group without any members in it and I don't have a list of people who are attending otherwise I would just look them up

Finally was able to create a FB group! Anyone who is attending feel free to search for West Coast University Spring 2018 MSOT