Program-Specific Info / Q's Wesley College MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringOT16

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to or know anything about Wesley College and their new MOT program? It is located in Dover, DE and it is not accredited yet, but I applied there since it is close to home. I would like to reach out to the first group of current students in the program, but that is kind of difficult to do since there are very few of them and the fact that the program is new.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I also applied to Wesley. I do not know much about it either or have heard back from them yet.

Hi!
I also applied to Wesley. I do not know much about it either or have heard back from them yet.
Amy said that we will get interview invites starting the end of January. Do you mind if I ask what your prereq GPA is and when your OTCAS app was verified for applying to Wesley and USciences? I saw that you posted in another thread that you got waitlisted to USciences. Just wondering because Wesley requires a B- in all prereqs but I received a C+ in A&P II.... therefore I'm am currently re-taking the class this spring semester. However, USciences does accept students if they have a C in a prereq as long as they don't see a trend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Amy said that we will get interview invites starting the end of January. Do you mind if I ask what your prereq GPA is and when your OTCAS app was verified for applying to Wesley and USciences? I saw that you posted in another thread that you got waitlisted to USciences. Just wondering because Wesley requires a B- in all prereqs but I received a C+ in A&P II.... therefore I'm am currently re-taking the class this spring semester. However, USciences does accept students if they have a C in a prereq as long as they don't see a trend.

I'd be weary about USP just because of their tuition (I had friends get out with over $150k in student debt). If it feels right though, by all means.

I've read good things about the way Wesley was structured. It's not accredited yet, but the head of the department has SO MUCH EXPERIENCE in the field.

I'd be weary about USP just because of their tuition (I had friends get out with over $150k in student debt). If it feels right though, by all means.

I've read good things about the way Wesley was structured. It's not accredited yet, but the head of the department has SO MUCH EXPERIENCE in the field.
Did they graduate from the straight through MOT program or from their Entry-level masters? It is very expensive; the tuition for me will be about $120,000 which is as much as some other OTD programs...Why their program is so expensive, besides the fact that it is private I will have to ask when I talk to my admissions counselor and financial aid next Friday when I visit. I heard they got a lot of new lab equipment that is very high-tech so maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited:
One went straight through for their DPT and the other one did the MOT for the master's only. DPT has $190k for debt, MOT has like $160k which is still a lot (factor in living expenses, textbooks, etc).

Hi! I'm actually in the program at Wesley right now! You can ask me any questions you'd like!

Hey! I have an interview with them coming up. Anything special to prepare for?

Hey! I have an interview with them coming up. Anything special to prepare for?
When were you notified for an interview? They told me the end of January and I haven't heard anything

I just had my interview yesterday and they said decisions would be sent out in 2-4 weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I just received my acceptance letter today! Has anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are they still interviewing or is the class filled?? I am slightly worried and anxious as I havent heard back from them..

Are they still interviewing or is the class filled?? I am slightly worried and anxious as I havent heard back from them..
I'm wondering the same thing! Did you ever hear back?

I just heard back from them for an interview last week but I declined because I already decided on another school.

I got an acceptance letter last week. Most likely will be declining as well. Very nice people though!

Is anyone attending Wesley in the fall?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi there! Yes I am attending in the fall! I got a letter in the mail a few weeks ago. I am nervous since they aren't accredited yet but it seems like they are on the second step to accreditation. Maybe we can make a facebook page for this incoming class or something!

Reactions: 1 users
If you're going to Wesley in the fall, PM me and I'll add you to the FB group. :::)

Hey guys! I still have not heard anything decision wise from Wesley..is the class full??

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm actually in the program at Wesley right now! You can ask me any questions you'd like!
Hi! I have an interview next week with Wesley and I was wondering if you can tell me how the interview format is? What type of questions they ask and is it a group or individual interview? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

For the OT program we are slightly off campus and never have any criminal activity going on. If you’re planning on living I would suggest a few miles away from school. Other than that the OT program is great

Hello!
From the past two years they have done individual interviews, not sure if they plan on changing that or not. For mine, it was me and three professors (one being Dr. Gibbs who is the director of the program, she’s great!) deff have your own definition of OT ready along with why you chose Wesley and OT. They also asked me about a tough situation I was in and how I handled it and turned it positive. Also why I would be good in OT.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Hi everyone!
I have an interview set up with Wesley coming up soon.

I’m from Florida and have never been to Delaware. What I’ve seen online so far has been very conflicting. For every one person that says Dover is a slow, quiet place thats nice to raise a family, the next person says it’s high crime and a dangerous/awful place to live. Not to mention Wesley’s google reviews are filled with talk of sexual assault on campus and drug deals involving the teachers.

Everyone has different opinions and experiences, but im a little nervous. I was hoping some of you who live near or attend there could provide insight on what it’s really like, how the OT program is, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!
I have an interview set up with Wesley coming up soon.

I’m from Florida and have never been to Delaware. What I’ve seen online so far has been very conflicting. For every one person that says Dover is a slow, quiet place thats nice to raise a family, the next person says it’s high crime and a dangerous/awful place to live. Not to mention Wesley’s google reviews are filled with talk of sexual assault on campus and drug deals involving the teachers.

Everyone has different opinions and experiences, but im a little nervous. I was hoping some of you who live near or attend there could provide insight on what it’s really like, how the OT program is, etc.

Thanks in advance!

How did the interview go?

How did the interview go?
It went well, thanks! Mine was done through Skype so there were a few technical issues but other than that, it was fine. All very nice people :)

It went well, thanks! Mine was done through Skype so there were a few technical issues but other than that, it was fine. All very nice people :)

Mine was done through Skype as well but its good to hear that I wasn't the only one with technical difficulties. Do you happen to remember the Anatomy and Physiology professors name?

Mine was done through Skype as well but its good to hear that I wasn't the only one with technical difficulties. Do you happen to remember the Anatomy and Physiology professors name?
I don’t, unfortunately :( it’s funny you ask though because maybe 5 minutes after my interview I was sitting there trying to remember her name and couldn’t! Haha. Sorry I couldn’t help.

Hi everyone,

I haven't heard much about Wesley on here, but I just got an interview offer today for Feb. 4th (video submission).
Has anyone done this yet? Any advice?
Also, I don't know much about the school if any has any additional insight as it seems like their accredited program is fairly new.
Thanks! :)

Hi everyone,

I haven't heard much about Wesley on here, but I just got an interview offer today for Feb. 4th (video submission).
Has anyone done this yet? Any advice?
Also, I don't know much about the school if any has any additional insight as it seems like their accredited program is fairly new.
Thanks! :)

Hey I got the same thing for Feb. 1! I have never done a video submission for an interview so am wondering the same thing!

Also, would love to hear more about the school since it is so new. How does the program compare to other programs? Are the fieldwork placements good?

Does anyone know the tution for MSOT? Can't seem to find a solid price online.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey I got the same thing for Feb. 1! I have never done a video submission for an interview so am wondering the same thing!

Also, would love to hear more about the school since it is so new. How does the program compare to other programs? Are the fieldwork placements good?

Does anyone know the tution for MSOT? Can't seem to find a solid price online.
Have either of you guys heard anything back after your video interview?? I had the same thing last week!

Have either of you guys heard anything back after your video interview?? I had the same thing last week!
My interview was a while ago (back in early October), and they told me that decisions wouldn’t go out until March, or late February at the earliest.

My interview was a while ago (back in early October), and they told me that decisions wouldn’t go out until March, or late February at the earliest.
Thanks for the reply! Hopefully soon!

I've already been accepted somewhere else thankfully, but has anyone heard anything back?

Nothing yet either! She said all decisions would be sent out in March though so we’ll see!