Welcome to the GI forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AJM

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the gastroenterology subforum!

This forum is here for discussions about the field of gastroenterology, GI fellowships, and the application process.

Enjoy!

Members don't see this ad.

An FAQ would help prevent people like me from asking stupid questions.

IM Subspecialties FAQ

A few of the sections are a little outdated right now given the recent changes in the application process of some of the subspecialties. I'll update it when I have a bit more free time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello to all, and happy to be here.

Around what time in December do invitations or rejections start to be sent?

Hello to all, and happy to be here.

Around what time in December do invitations or rejections start to be sent?

Judging from years past, starting in mid December and on.

Did any one get any interview offers? I received one from Saint Louis university.

no calls yet.. got a generic mail from kaiser permanante:

Thank you for your interest in Kaiser Permanente's Gastroenterology Fellowship
Program. Your application has been received.

We appreciate your patience and expect to have final decisions made by late
January. At that time you will be contacted by e-mail regarding your
application status.

We Wish You Continued Success.

Happy Holidays,
Yolanda Padilla
Residency Administration & Recruitment
http://residency.kp.org/scal

Thanks.... I am am IMG, but have done an elective in SLU...which is probably the reason they have offered an interview so early.....I do not have a great profile 6 publications (3 in GI), 14 posters (5 in GI), a couple of abstracts.

I got the generic email from kaiser permanante too!!!! Waiting......as if there is much else we can do!!!

Thanks.... I am am IMG, but have done an elective in SLU...which is probably the reason they have offered an interview so early.....I do not have a great profile 6 publications (3 in GI), 14 posters (5 in GI), a couple of abstracts.

cool.. you have a good profile!! i have a few publications, ans a good number of poster and oral presentations..lot of them case reports though..
dont know if that wd help... which visa are you on gidoc? I am on h1b.. have heard itsvery difficult to get gi fellowship on h1b.. is it true? may be nexus can throw some light?

cool.. you have a good profile!! i have a few publications, ans a good number of poster and oral presentations..lot of them case reports though..
dont know if that wd help... which visa are you on gidoc? I am on h1b.. have heard itsvery difficult to get gi fellowship on h1b.. is it true? may be nexus can throw some light?

I have minimal experience with visas (I'm an AMG), but have heard also that H1b is less ideal due to fewer fellowship programs sponsoring it. At these programs you may be out of luck even if you are an amazing candidate. Still, this is just hearsay. Would recommend contacting programs directly for the most concrete information.

As for presentations, original research (basic science or clinical) > case reports for the most part, since case reports are considered "low-hanging fruits" and are relatively easy to have lots of these. However, every bit helps, so I wouldn't count yourself out.

I have a green card now, but last year I applied with a H1B and did not receive any interviews. I'm not sure if it was my visa status or my CV had to do with not getting the interviews. But I did hear that it is difficult to get interviews on H1b, J1 is a little easier.

Are there are threads specifically for Peds GI fellowships?
Thanks!