Welcome to the cardiology forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AJM

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the cardiology subforum!

This forum is here for discussions about the field of cardiology, cardiology fellowships, and the application process.

Enjoy!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a PGY2 in a community hospital on a H1 visa. I wish to do cards. I know its tough but I am working hard on it.Any one could suggest some studies or projects based on non invasive cardiology, please let me know
R there any hospitals around who give 1-2 year research on H1 visas?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi i'm rana its my first time here in this site.i'm amedical student .well about arrhythmia its change in rate or rhythm or force of contraction of the heart .there are tachyarrthythmia and bradyarrthythmia also extrasystol ,atrial flutter ,atrial fibriliation and heart blook with its type .its very simple idea about arrhythmia .

Cardiac arrhythmia is a group of conditions in which the electrical activity of the heart is irregular or is faster or slower than normal.
Some arrhythmiae are life-threatening medical emergencies that can cause cardiac arrest and sudden death. Others cause aggravating symptoms, such as an awareness of a different heart beat, or palpitation, which can be annoying. Some are quite small and normal. Sinus arrhythmia is the mild acceleration followed by slowing of the normal rhythm that occurs with breathing. In adults the normal resting heart rate ranges from 60 beats per minute to 100 beats per minute. The normal heart beat is controlled by a small area in the upper chamber of the heart called the sinoatrial node or sinus node. The sinus node contains specialized cells that have spontaneous electrical activity that starts each normal heart beat.

hi friends,
nice to meet you all. I am interested in cardiology and I am planning to appply this year. I am a old graduate and I am currently in 2nd year residency. I have 10 research papers in cardiology but th problem is my scores in step1,2,3 are in 80s and my step1&2 were taken twice due to some family problems.. will i be able to get into cardiology with such appalling scores and failures??guide me..thanks

10 papers? That's great!

Where are you for residency? that will be a big determinant. Will your chair/program director write a good letter for you? that will be another determinant.

Step scores...hmmm...could be a problem but this is a who you know vs. a what you can do field.

hey nthng

Last edited:
hey. so i'm applying for residency positions and i'm confused as to how i should rank these programs. i want to do cardiology and obviously i want to have a good program behind my name, but, firstly, it's difficult really to know what's considered a "good program" and, secondly, what I feel are "good programs" aren't really where I want to be. Would it be horrible to rank Georgetown or GW over Mayo or NYU? I would much prefer to be in DC but I don't want to compromise my chance of matching into cardiology. How can I find out how GW, Georgetown, Jefferson, Univ of MD, etc are viewed in the field of cardiology? What are the "top 20" programs that I hear people talk about? I'm really not an anxious person but I feel that applying for a cardiology fellowship is the first thing I'm doing in life where I have a good chance of being rejected. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. . .

Hi Folks,

I am applying in cards too and am wondering where do you post your submissions for ACC. The result of abstract will be announced in mid-dec and we have to apply by 1st dec/

Ideas?

Hi Folks,

I am applying in cards too and am wondering where do you post your submissions for ACC. The result of abstract will be announced in mid-dec and we have to apply by 1st dec/

Ideas?
hey i have the same question. ALso i have a few papers which are all written up and ready for submission but not yet submitted . should i list these as submitted?? since im hoping they will be submitted by the time i interview...?

thoughts?

generally with any curriculum vitae type thing, the only things that really count as being 'published' are things that have already been put into print, or have been accepted and is in the processing of being printed. anything that has been submitted or is about to be submitted should still be put down however, but its important not to misrepresent it as something that is published work.

Why
Welcome to the cardiology subforum!

This forum is here for discussions about the field of cardiology, cardiology fellowships, and the application process.

Enjoy!
I'm new to this site and I'm not really familiar with a lot of things. I'm studying cardiology, just the very basics, on my own. I would like to ask why isn't atherectomy as popular as CABG and angioplasty? All answers are welcome. Thank you.