Weekend call rate advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Village

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
32 bed CSU offering weekend coverage rates of 600 flat rate if census low or fee for service ( psych eval 70 $, Discharge 60$ and followup 30$). Census is variable . Feel this is very low. I am independent contractor looking for weekend work. Any advice please

Sent from my LG-LS993 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

That is horrid and made even more offensive by the fact that you are a 1099 and will be paying the full boat on taxes. There are a couple of excellent threads here with examples of different weekend deals.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is terrible. My low paying institution is 600 per weekend day for a 13 bed unit with residents handling all the admits and discharges (we still have to see every patient though).

this is terrible. My low paying institution is 600 per weekend day for a 13 bed unit with residents handling all the admits and discharges (we still have to see every patient though).

I'm guessing that is a requirement of your full time employment agreement? The lowest non-locum rate I'm aware of on 13-15 bed units is $3,000 with $4,000 per weekend being the average for a well respected psychiatrist.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm guessing that is a requirement of your full time employment agreement? The lowest non-locum rate I'm aware of on 13-15 bed units is $3,000 with $4,000 per weekend being the average for a well respected psychiatrist.
Agreed, my last locums job was 1500 per day so $3000/weekend to cover 12 inpatient beds.

To OP, I think $4000 per day to cover 32 patients is appropriate.

I think it is great if you are an NP or a PA. If you are a psych resident moonlighting, it seems a little on the low side. If you are an MD/DO out of residency. It is really low.

32 bed CSU offering weekend coverage rates of 600 flat rate if census low or fee for service ( psych eval 70 $, Discharge 60$ and followup 30$). Census is variable . Feel this is very low. I am independent contractor looking for weekend work. Any advice please

We make more than that moonlighting within the hospital as residents. Not covering 32 patients either. No thanks.

They claim it's for new admits and few managed Care insurance patients that need to be seen daily. Admissions are variable but can vary between 2 to 12. Just too many admits for that amount of compensation

This isn't directed at you personally, but that seems so ridiculous it's more likely that this post would be fake than that that would be a real offer.

Reactions: 1 users
This isn't directed at you personally, but that seems so ridiculous it's more likely that this post would be fake than that that would be a real offer.

Yup, that's at least a full 1/3 less than resident moonlighting rates around me in a saturated market.

For real. Theoretically divide 600 by 12 actual hours of work over the weekend (just to have a number out there)...that's 50 bucks an hour. I pay the dude that walks my dog 20 bucks for a half hour. Come on now. That's probably less than most of the nurses there.

Reactions: 1 users

Our residents can pull that off during a relatively quick Saturday afternoon in the ED... 4 patients. Run from this one.

I made more than that as a respiratory therapist when I picked up an OT weekend shift, that's just embarrassingly low.