[Deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notevenmyfinalform

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How long do you have to decide? I would wait until you find out about IU's final COA, the $83,532 is very high by itself.

If you're asking where I'd rather move, I think it'd have to be Indianapolis. I've lived in the metro Detroit area my entire life. Would like to venture outside of Michigan. On the other hand, Detroit is in the up and up and it would be great to be a part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry, I meant I was moving this thread to the proper forum!

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think there is a massive prestige difference between IU vs Wayne ranking wise. Is there a particular reason you say that IU would be better careerwise?

It looks like you prefer Indianapolis as a city, and IU is ranked higher according to US News (#45). They lowered your COA by $20,000/yr. I'd go with IU for happiness, because the price difference over 4 years between the two is not too ridiculous, especially if you go into a competitive specialty. I am on the waitlist at Wayne, but I am OOS, and your IS seat would probably go to another IS person, but for the sake of disclosure. I hope you make the best decision for you in the next few days, and good luck.

Well I was able to have my COA lowered to 63K. I have until April 30th to decide!

Hey all, currently blessed to be holding acceptances at both schools. Michigan resident. Was recently offered a scholarship from Wayne that would make my COA $38,532. COA at IU is $83,338, no scholarships at this point, but could potentially receive a partial scholarship after talking to the head of student finances, though I probably would not find out until after April 30th. Not to mention I have not received my campus placement yet! Would love to live in Indy, and I believe IU will provide me more opportunities down the road. Very torn, would appreciate any thoughts.

EDIT: Was offered a $20,000 scholarship from IU! COA would now be $63,338.

I'm in the same boat, accepted to both IU and Wayne State. Out of state for both, I'm leaning more towards IU at this point.