Waterloo 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am monitoring this page like my life depends on it. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any one else have a feeling tomorrow is the big day?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know! I thought it would be less stressful over the weekend knowing it wouldn't get updated, but I think it might have been worse!

Reactions: 2 users
I was checking waterloo accepted class stats, and waterloo seems to be accepting about 60 girls and 30 guys consistently since 2011. Is this a coincidence or does waterloo preferentially accept female applicants?

they said they accept about half the guys and half the girls, and theres just usually more girls who apply!

Any one else have a feeling tomorrow is the big day?

The interview invitations came about around 2 pm Waterloo time on a Monday...I'm hoping the admit letters will too...!
Until then... *refreshes quest*

Reactions: 4 users
OMG GUYS......................

quest has not updated :(

Relax guys, this is what I did while waiting for interviews....

in other words...

upload_2015-3-16_15-29-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-16_15-28-41.png
    upload_2015-3-16_15-28-41.png
    42 KB · Views: 25
Members don't see this ad :)
You wouldn't want them to rush through our applications anyways! :)

So where are people currently going to school/ where are you from?
(I need a distraction from waiting :p)

Every time I see an alert I think its up lol. PS. I'm from UTM :D

University of Guelph!
I wonder how many of us are from Ontario. Do they try to balance the number of students from each province?

University of Guelph!
I wonder how many of us are from Ontario. Do they try to balance the number of students from each province?
University of Waterloo. Apparently they don't select based on location at all according to their website.

I was talking to some OD students and they said about 60 students are from Ontario and 30 from other provinces. Since its the only optometry school in Canada (other than Quebec), if they had a pool of applicant from Ontario that are much more competitive than the other provinces, they will still stick by this ratio since they need to make sure certain number of OD student go to different provinces after graduating.

So much diversity! I'm at Laurentian.
Am I the only one who doesn't know any other applicants?

I talked to a few of applicants at the interview but I don't know any friends who are applying to this program

I want to code a bot to refresh quest and check the status for me but I don't think the school would like that.

Most likely someone will post within 15 minutes of quest being updated. Also, most years it's updated at 8AM.

Just found out that the OD students have made a 'Waterloo University Optometry Class of 2019' page, so I'm guessing the decision will be out soon!

It's called university of Waterloo school optometry class of 2019! Created 2 weeks ago

Well guess not today...I'm going to keep relying on you all to post when decisions come out. :)

hey guys. so I just found out about this website. I was freaking out becz I thought ppl already got in.
Anyways im having trouble logging in on quest. I haven't used it since oct. I cant remember id or password. I have an email saying my id is IT7573385. is that what ur guys looks like?
thanks

hey guys. so I just found out about this website. I was freaking out becz I thought ppl already got in.
Anyways im having trouble logging in on quest. I haven't used it since oct. I cant remember id or password. I have an email saying my id is IT7573385. is that what ur guys looks like?
thanks

Nope, its more like first letter of your first name, a number and your last name.

For richard sherman, it would be r32sherman.

Ugh guys, at this point..accepted or not.. i just want to move on with life...my F5 key is annoyed with me pressing it 23842934829340823 times each day

Reactions: 4 users
I emailed them about when we would expect to get an update on Quest. I'll let you guys know what they say :)

Reactions: 5 users
Well looks like it's not gonna be today...guess my prediction for 23rd seems more and more likely.

I am on the orientation committee for the 2019 class and we made the group on facebook for your class, but has nothing to do who go in and or not. We are just ahead of the game ;)

I am on the orientation committee for the 2019 class and we made the group on facebook for your class, but has nothing to do who go in and or not. We are just ahead of the game ;)

Any chance you know when we're supposed to hear back? :D

ADMITTED! Results are out guys. Good Luck everyone!

trip.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Admitted!!! I'm so pumped right now!
Good luck guys!! :D:D

Reactions: 3 users
ADMIT!! OH MAN I CAN BREATHE

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! We are the orientation committee for the Class of 2019! CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for you to be joining our big optom family this September! We have a facebook group set up for you guys to meet your new classmates/roomies (organize housing), post any questions you may have about coming to Waterloo, as well as anything else you can think of! Please join only if you have been accepted as the information will only be relevant to those coming to Waterloo this September. We can't wait to meet you all, and welcome to the exciting journey that is UW Optometry!

Alex, Brooklyn & Melissa
Optometry 2019 Orientation Co-Chairs

https://www.facebook.com/groups/848250668554662/

Last edited:
ADMITT :D SO EXCITED!!! :laugh: Good luck to everyone else and see you guys in September:D You guys seem really fun and talkative so can't wait :p

Stats for future applicants:
GPA: Approx 83%
OAT: AA:370 TS:400 RC:330
Optometry Experience: Job shadow with an optometrist (approx 15 hours)
EC: Volunteering at hospital for 1.5 yrs including a few patient care workshops, volunteering with CNIB 2yrs, a few part time jobs (tutoring, landscaping, warehouse worker), other volunteering and extracirculars but not as important

Last edited:
Hey everyone! We are the orientation committee for the Class of 2019! CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for you to be joining our big optom family this September! We have a facebook group set up for you guys to meet your new classmates/roomies (organize housing), post any questions you may have about coming to Waterloo, as well as anything else you can think of! Please join only if you have been accepted as the information will only be relevant to those coming to Waterloo this September. We can't wait to meet you all, and welcome to the exciting journey that is UW Optometry!

Alex, Brooklyn & Melissa
Optometry 2019 Orientation Co-Chairs

https://www.facebook.com/groups/673778219398056/

It asks me for a Waterloo email. Guess I'll have to wait til I get one