Washington State University, Enter 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baboguy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I would like to open a new thread about this year of cycle for WSU. Plz share any info that you want to. Let's help to get all in :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Btw I have my day of interview on oct, 21

interview on 10/21 for me as well, good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after your application was verified did you guys receive an invitation for an interview?

How long after your application was verified did you guys receive an invitation for an interview?
they require supplemental application along with your pharmcas application. So after submitting my supplemental application, I got interview invitation within 10 days

Yeah, u too... I really like this school, my 1st choice. What about u?

Yeah I love WSU. It's my 1st choice as well. I live in WA and I did my undergrad at the Vancouver campus.

I received my invitation one day after the application was verified. The whole process took about one week after I submitted my application in PharmCAS.

Would you mind sharing your stats? I got verified yesterday and am just waiting to hear back :0

Yeah sure np.

1) WA Resident
2) BS in Biology - 3.49 cumulative GPA (undergrad done in WSUV + community college)
3) About 1 year of experience as a technician (currently working in a LTC pharmacy)
4) 3x LOR (1 from pharmacist, 1 from A&P professor, and 1 from foreign language professor)
5) no PCAT

Last edited:
Yeah sure np.

1) WA Resident
2) 3.49 cumulative GPA (undergrad done in WSUV + community college)
3) About 1 year of experience as a technician (currently working in a LTC pharmacy)
4) 3x LOR (1 from pharmacist, 1 from A&P professor, and 1 from foreign language professor)
5) no PCAT
do you have any ideas how hard the interview would be? how do they do interview us?

do you have any ideas how hard the interview would be? how do they do interview us?
I interviewed with them last year and it was definitely not hard. I got accepted but rejected the offer and went to a different school. But, based on my experience interview day was very laid back and I felt very welcomed. I don't know if they are changing things this year, but when I interviewed it was by a faculty member and a PY2 student in a small room. I can't say too much about it but I was more nervous before the interview than during the interview - it was more like a conversation and like I said, very laid back. One thing I noticed that WSU emphasizes based on their website (before I did my interview with them) is inter-professional education, which is working with other healthcare professionals. That reminds me, make sure to study their website and what their programs offer.

Like I said, this was last year and a lot may have changed, but, as obvious as it may sound make sure to study for the interview - practice makes perfect. Keep in mind also that if you got the interview invitation then you are almost there; you got through the hardest part and all you need to do is for you to get to know the school and vice versa. Also please dress up. It made me cringe when I saw a guy wear converse with his suit. Best of luck to you all :)

Here were my stats if you are wondering:

1)WA resident
2) 3.41 cumulative (undergrad at UW + community college)
3) 2.5 years of pharmacy assistant experience at three different pharmacies
4) 3 LOR (2 pharmacist and 1 professor I worked with for research for 1 year)
5) No PCAT (thank god)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed with them last year and it was definitely not hard. I got accepted but rejected the offer and went to a different school. But, based on my experience interview day was very laid back and I felt very welcomed. I don't know if they are changing things this year, but when I interviewed it was by a faculty member and a PY2 student in a small room. I can't say too much about it but I was more nervous before the interview than during the interview - it was more like a conversation and like I said, very laid back. One thing I noticed that WSU emphasizes based on their website (before I did my interview with them) is inter-professional education, which is working with other healthcare professionals. That reminds me, make sure to study their website and what their programs offer.

Like I said, this was last year and a lot may have changed, but, as obvious as it may sound make sure to study for the interview - practice makes perfect. Keep in mind also that if you got the interview invitation then you are almost there; you got through the hardest part and all you need to do is for you to get to know the school and vice versa. Also please dress up. It made me cringe when I saw a guy where converse with his suit. Best of luck to you all :)

Here were my stats if you are wondering:

1)WA resident
2) 3.41 cumulative (undergrad at UW + community college)
3) 2.5 years of pharmacy assistant experience at three different pharmacies
4) 3 LOR (2 pharmacist and 1 professor I worked with for research for 1 year)
5) No PCAT (thank god)
Oh! Thank you for your useful info.
English is my second language, so just worrying that they dont understand what i am trying to say/or i dont understand their questions. lol
Do you remember they will ask you any situational questions as well?

Oh! Thank you for your useful info.
English is my second language, so just worrying that they dont understand what i am trying to say/or i dont understand their questions. lol
Do you remember they will ask you any situational questions as well?
Don't worry too much about that. They will understand that English is your second language, and the questions they asked were very straightforward. Can't say much in regards to what kinds of questions they asked, but I can tell you that before the interview I went over some situational practice questions to get a better understanding on what the pharmacy profession entails, so it's not a bad idea to go over them. That being said, make sure to study your application and your interest in the pharmacy field.

How many questions had you been asked in 30-45 min of interview? Srry, bz i really want to go here, i am so nervous :)

What do you guys think the chances of getting admission are if you're offered an interview and applied for ED? Also, they said they would let ED applicants know of a final decision by mid October. So what does that mean for the people that are going to be interviewing on the 21t of October in Spokane? Will they find out on the spot?

How many questions had you been asked in 30-45 min of interview? Srry, bz i really want to go here, i am so nervous :)
I think they asked me around 5 general questions. Just remember to come up with questions to ask them, and not just one. Make sure they are good questions that shows your interest in the field. So for example, "I'm interested in blah blah, how does the program help prepare students to blah blah?" Rather than "what is your NAPLEX score." My interview took about 40 minutes. At least 10 minutes were questions I asked them.

Last edited:
I think they asked me around 5 general questions. Just remember to come up with questions to ask them, and not just one. Make sure they are good questions that shows your interest in the field. So for example, "I'm interested in blah blah, how does the program help prepare students to blah blah?" Rather than "what is your NAPLEX score." My interview took about 40 minutes. At least 10 minutes were questions I asked them.
good to know! I will keep updating. thank you for your kindness PharmX2

anyone doing ED and gonna be at the interview this Friday (10/21) in Spokane?

awesome! looking forward to meeting you. Are you from in state? I'm assuming WSU is your first choice if you did ED?

awesome! looking forward to meeting you. Are you from in state? I'm assuming WSU is your first choice if you did ED?

Yeah, I live in Vancouver, WA. WSU is my first choice for ED, I did my undergrad at the Vancouver campus and I love the community. Tuition is also really affordable too.

I got my acceptance letter! Did anyone else receive theirs?

I got my acceptance letter! Did anyone else receive theirs?
Hey... me too. I was the last person called from Q&A section, so it freezed me out! But flipped back that I got acceptance letter at the end of conversation with an alumni.
You got Pacific too, so which one will you go?

Hey... me too. I was the last person called from Q&A section, so it freezed me out! But flipped back that I got acceptance letter at the end of conversation with an alumni.
You got Pacific too, so which one will you go?

Nice congrats!! I'm leaning toward WSU. The school is so beautiful and everyone was super friendly. Are you going to attend WSU?

Nice congrats!! I'm leaning toward WSU. The school is so beautiful and everyone was super friendly. Are you going to attend WSU?
Absolutely I will bz this is my top school

I got my acceptance letter too! Can't wait for next year!!

Then maybe we'll see each other next August! What interview group were you in today?
I checked in at 2:15pm n my interview at 3:30pm after the school tour. And u? Btw, congrats (forgetting congrats to u early lol) let's go WSU, not Pacific

I checked in at 2:15pm n my interview at 3:30pm after the school tour. And u? Btw, congrats (forgetting congrats to u early lol) let's go WSU, not Pacific

Looks like I was in the group after you. My check in was at 3:15 and interview at 4:00. And yes I will most likely be attending WSU! :)

Congrats to all that got accepted already. I have two question and I was wondering if you could help me with. Does WSU prefers Washington's residence or the rate of acceptance is the same for in-state and out-of- states applicants? My other question is that which campus accepts more students? Spokane or Yakima?

Hey @superman2017 ,

Here is the answer about in-state vs out of state preference directly from the WSU website:
Washington state residents are given additional consideration in the admissions process, however approximately 30 percent of the incoming class are out of state students.

So yes, they do give preference to in-state residents; but plenty of out of state slots are open as well.

Also, I believe they accept about 120 students to the Spokane campus while they accept about 25-30 students for the Yakima campus. Spokane is a bigger city then Yakima. Yakima students also share the campus with the D.O. school in Yakima.

As I've heard that the Dean of Pharmacy here wants to accept more students this year, so I think there are more spots opening. Good luck to who is waiting the interview results n will soon apply

As I've heard that the Dean of Pharmacy here wants to accept more students this year, so I think there are more spots opening. Good luck to who is waiting the interview results n will soon apply

Does that mean class size will go up from 120 than? For Spokane campus?

Looks like I was in the group after you. My check in was at 3:15 and interview at 4:00. And yes I will most likely be attending WSU! :)

i was in your group for the 4pm interview! we might've met haha

awesome! Did you get your acceptance?! I'm sure I met you then. I feel like we all met in that group lol.