want to take ADEX for florida dental license. Need help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uabsfm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to to take ADEX to get dental license in state of florida. I have been practicing for 5 years in Ohio. please help me with few of the questions
1) if I am not student in dental school, can I take ADEX in the state I want or I have to take it in State of Florida?
2) Preparatory course: I have heard of DR. Becker and Dr. Gordy course in this forum, I could not find any link for Dr. Becker's course, is that course still going on? Dr. Fleming's course For CITA- ADEX is the same ? does that work for florida dental license exam which is ADEX?
This is all for right now. I will put few more questions later.
Thanks for your time.
I appreciate your input.

Members don't see this ad.

According to their website, it looks like the FL dental board will accept the ADEX if taken in another state after a certain year but then you have to do a certain amount of hours of work in Florida the first year after licensure, etc. You might want to contact the dental board to verify. I am taking the Becker course this year so its definitely still running. The Gordy course is also still up and running but they are no longer providing patients. I've never heard of Dr. Fleming's course so I can't comment on that.

Reactions: 1 user
According to their website, it looks like the FL dental board will accept the ADEX if taken in another state after a certain year but then you have to do a certain amount of hours of work in Florida the first year after licensure, etc. You might want to contact the dental board to verify. I am taking the Becker course this year so its definitely still running. The Gordy course is also still up and running but they are no longer providing patients. I've never heard of Dr. Fleming's course so I can't comment on that.
I tried to Google search for Becker's course and could not find anything. if you google ADEX prep course Dr. Fleming's course comes up. let me know how can I find more information about Dr. Becker's course. Thanks for your help.