Want to rent apartment in NYC.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to get an apartment in NYC. Preferably in Queens but willing to live in Manhattan. My main hospital is in Nassau County and my other hospital is in the Bronx, so I need to be able to hop onto the highway fast and get to the places fast. Max rent for me is $1500/month. Studio/alcove/1 bedroom is my preference. Nice views with terraces and balconies preferred. Doorman preferred. Need to be able to keep pets (parakeet).

Here's the thing though. I make around $135k/year but I have terrible credit (low 500s).

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
That was very interesting and you can visit www(dot)citiedge(dot)com for renting apartments in New York.

I rented my UES studio through www.renterst.com. I submitted my apartment search request and received a list of apartments with the contact data of the landlords/ property managers. Very good experience overall. My experience with craigslist and the various free websites was horrible: only bait-and-switch listings or shady broker postings.

I hope this helps,

Ray

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, my husband and I are also pharmacists. We have a 3 BR single family house for rent in Boro Park Brooklyn near the F train if you are interested. We have a PGY1 that is interested in renting befoer July 1st, but she needs a roommate. The house is listed at www.dgbrooklyn.com under residential listings then under exclusive listings. The realtor is Lauren Brenner 1 347 930 0848 You can also email me at [email protected]

I want to get an apartment in NYC. Preferably in Queens but willing to live in Manhattan. My main hospital is in Nassau County and my other hospital is in the Bronx, so I need to be able to hop onto the highway fast and get to the places fast. Max rent for me is $1500/month. Studio/alcove/1 bedroom is my preference. Nice views with terraces and balconies preferred. Doorman preferred. Need to be able to keep pets (parakeet).

Here's the thing though. I make around $135k/year but I have terrible credit (low 500s).
Hi,

I do not think $1500/month would be enough to rent an apartment in city like New York. I relocated in the city last month and paying $4000/month for an apartment that I booked through http://instratany.com/. Buddy increase your budget in order to rent an apartment there.

Hi,

I do not think $1500/month would be enough to rent an apartment in city like New York. I relocated in the city last month and paying $4000/month for an apartment that I booked through http://instratany.com/. Buddy increase your budget in order to rent an apartment there.

LOL, I don't think $4000/month is affordable. I bring home probably $7500/month after tax, dont really like the idea of spending more than half of that on rent. If I follow the income/40 rule , my max rent should be 2250/month.

Sublet wanted. Photos available upon request
1 bedroom and shared bathroom in recently updated home available 12/18. House is located 10-15 min walk from the Mineola LIRR (trains typically come every 20-25 min). Easy access to Meadowbrook Parkway, Northern state and 495. Great location near Winthrop Hospital, NYIT, Hofstra, LIU, Adelphi.Home has washer, dryer, stainless steel appliances, and private driveway with garage.

Too much amenities you want for your price, but actually, you can have no fear about credit report. Commonly, the only important parameter for landlords - your income and ability to pay in time. Somehow, here there are nice apartments. Cat-friendly studio apartments with doorman for rent in New York, NY - Rentberry Honestly, cat-friendly 1bedroom apartment on Manhattan for 1850$/month make me reconsider "re-move in NYC" question in my head :D