WAMC/ MD List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LavaCat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I am a good enough candidate to apply to some MD schools and could really use some help with a list. Any advice or schools or in general? I already have some DO schools but was hoping to still apply for some MD.

cGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.55
MCAT: 502 (not so great and but I am afraid it will be late if I retake)
State of residence: AZ
Undergrad: Biomedical Engineering Minor Dance
Clinical experience: 50 hours volunteer scribe at free clinics
Research: 800 hours biochem/cancer lab - acknowledgments only no publications :(
Shadowing: 100 hours
Non-clinical volunteering: Fraternity chair member, outreach chair for clubs, campaign manager, volunteer SIF, worked at teaching assistant, serving & bartending job (I know not glamorous but paid bills), volunteer daycare for AA and NA meetings through church, currently night shift engineer, capstone project, community service engineering project in Zimbabwe
Other extra-curriculars: yoga and ballet

Also this is my first time hearing about Drew and I was wondering if that was totally out of my reach?
Btw AA and Hispanic (basic Spanish)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
50 hours of clinical experience might raise a few eyebrows since you have around 800 hours of research. I'm not an expert like the sdn greats but consider your in state schools and hbcus. Aim for around 8-10 DO programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your MCAT is not competitive for MD schools but you could try your 2 AZ MD schools. You are competitive for many DO schools. Which DO schools are you applying to?

50 hours of clinical experience might raise a few eyebrows since you have around 800 hours of research. I'm not an expert like the sdn greats but consider your in state schools and hbcus. Aim for around 8-10 DO programs.
I have more clinical hours through shadowing those are just from volunteer scribing... still not enough?

MCAT score is lethal for MD schools except MAYBE the two U AZ's.

Even more lethal is the lack of clinical experience. My own student interviewers would eat you alive. I've seen them do it. It's not pretty.

You're fine for any DO school except AZCOM, the coastal Touros and CCOM.

I am wondering if I am a good enough candidate to apply to some MD schools and could really use some help with a list. Any advice or schools or in general? I already have some DO schools but was hoping to still apply for some MD.

cGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.55
MCAT: 502 (not so great and but I am afraid it will be late if I retake)
State of residence: AZ
Undergrad: Biomedical Engineering Minor Dance
Clinical experience: 50 hours volunteer scribe at free clinics
Research: 800 hours biochem/cancer lab - acknowledgments only no publications :(
Shadowing: 100 hours
Non-clinical volunteering: Fraternity chair member, outreach chair for clubs, campaign manager, volunteer SIF, worked at teaching assistant, serving & bartending job (I know not glamorous but paid bills), volunteer daycare for AA and NA meetings through church, currently night shift engineer, capstone project, community service engineering project in Zimbabwe
Other extra-curriculars: yoga and ballet

Also this is my first time hearing about Drew and I was wondering if that was totally out of my reach?
Btw AA and Hispanic (basic Spanish)