WAMC: 3.98 cGPA, 3.99 sGPA, MCAT 512, 523

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

personperson

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically the first time I took the MCAT, I got a 512 (131/123/129/129). I studied for CARS a lot, and a few months later got a 523 (131/129/131/132).

Good EC's (lots of research, 800+ hours volunteer EMT, 200+ hours shadowing, tutor, Chemistry TA, Peer mentor, currently interning in an R&D division at a petroleum company).

Just wondering if anyone thinks top 20/30 schools are possible with the very, very low original CARS score.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Very good chances. The world is your oyster my friend and you have definitely shown that you can improve.

Reactions: 1 user
Stats wise I think you can apply anywhere you want and have as good a shot as anybody.

Members don't see this ad :)
Averaging your scores leads to 517~. A good chance anywhere with a LizzyM of 75~

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my list of schools to see if its okay. I had some difficulty choosing lower tier schools, because its hard to know if they'll consider my score a 517.5 (avg), a 523 (most recent), or anywhere in between.

Reach
Harvard
Columbia
Weill Cornell
Hopkins
Upenn
Stanford
Vandy
Mt. Sinai
NYU

Target
Einstein
University of Pittsburgh
Boston University
SUNY Downstate
Hofstra
Georgetown
Tufts
Penn State

Lower Tier/In-state (NJ)
Rutgers-NJMS
Rutgers-Robert Woods Johnson
Cooper
Albany Medical College
GW
NYMC

I appreciate any feedback on schools not worth applying to or other schools to add, thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my list of schools to see if its okay. I had some difficulty choosing lower tier schools, because its hard to know if they'll consider my score a 517.5 (avg), a 523 (most recent), or anywhere in between.

Reach
Harvard
Columbia
Weill Cornell
Hopkins
Upenn
Standford
Vandy
Mt. Sinai
NYU

Target
Einstein
University of Pittsburgh
Boston University
SUNY Downstate
Hofstra
Georgetown
Tufts
Penn State

Lower Tier/In-state (NJ)
Rutgers-NJMS
Rutgers-Robert Woods Johnson
Cooper
Albany Medical College
GW
NYMC

I appreciate any feedback on schools not worth applying to or other schools to add, thanks!

Looks great. You could probably take a few out if you wanted to.

If you can't spell Stanford, you probably shouldn't apply there. :p

Reactions: 1 users