MD & DO WAMC:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ooompalooompa

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Remove Rush since they expect far more clinical and non clinical hours than you have. Arizona and Geisinger admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. The Rutgers schools and Cooper are also unlikely with your stats and no NJ residency. Cornell is unrealistic. You could add these schools:
Hackensack
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
You could add these DO schools:
Touro-NY
LECOM
PCOM
CUSOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
AZCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Remove Rush since they expect far more clinical and non clinical hours than you have. Arizona and Geisinger admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. The Rutgers schools and Cooper are also unlikely with your stats and no NJ residency. Cornell is unrealistic. You could add these schools:
Hackensack
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
You could add these DO schools:
Touro-NY
LECOM
PCOM
CUSOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
AZCOM
Thanks, I will adjust my list according. I will add an adjusted list soon.

When are you applying? With so few clinical experience hours, your app will likely get screened out. I presume next May.
Next May. I know my clinical experience is a problem. Getting my EMT-B certification this coming January. Working on going straight into volunteering EMS organization. Hoping to get 12 hours a week as soon as I start, continue through applications. Also starting hospice volunteering with direct patient contact very soon. Looking to get >200 hours EMT, >100 in hospice, by the end of May. What's your thoughts if executed?

Next May. I know my clinical experience is a problem. Getting my EMT-B certification this coming January. Working on going straight into volunteering EMS organization. Hoping to get 12 hours a week as soon as I start, continue through applications. Also starting hospice volunteering with direct patient contact very soon. Looking to get >200 hours EMT, >100 in hospice, by the end of May. What's your thoughts if executed?
You should have at least 50 hours of shadowing, including primary care; 150-300 hours minimum of clinical, patient-facing experience; and at least 150 hours of service orientation community service (food distribution, shelter work, job placement or tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation). Serve a variety of underserved populations in your activities as best as you can. Research and tutoring should not be a high priority.

You should have at least 50 hours of shadowing, including primary care; 150-300 hours minimum of clinical, patient-facing experience; and at least 150 hours of service orientation community service (food distribution, shelter work, job placement or tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation). Serve a variety of underserved populations in your activities as best as you can. Research and tutoring should not be a high priority.
I have no doubt I can meet these numbers before my application. I work with various underserved populations already (underserved HS students and formally incarcerated). I am not being paid to work as a tutor for formally incarcerated, that is a volunteering experience. I do tutor college student for extra $$ if I have time, and research is my FT job.

Tutoring incarcerated persons is an excellent example of volunteering with the umder-served.

Status
Not open for further replies.