Walgreens Raise Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDSlacker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried looking for an answer to this question but I did not find this answer anywhere. Hoping that someone who works for Walgreens or has worked for the company for many years can give me some advice.

I started working for Walgreens in June 2015. I received a raise as part of the annual review in October 2015. I then switched districts in July/August 2016 but I took a significant amount of time off while I was waiting for my license to transfer, take the law exam, etc and did not start work in my new district until late December 2016. I did not receive a raise for 2016 and I never had a performance review by my old DM or new DM. I am not sure if I just slipped through the cracks because I was in the middle of transferring districts or what happened.

My question is, should I contact someone about this? If so, who would you recommend I talk to? Is there anything anyone will do for me or should I just wait until performance reviews for this year? If it makes any difference, I am currently a float in my new district and was also a float in my old district. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

if you're in the union they can help you with it. a raise is part of the union contract, and you will get retro pay for the lost time.

I do not think I am part of the union. How would I know for sure? I do not have any union dues being deducted from my paycheck so I do not think I am a part of the union.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your raise is based on your performance review. I'm going to assume during your transition and time off, you didn't have a home store to perform the review or the store that was suppose to do it either didn't know you yet or didn't feel they needed to do it since you left their district. It's kind of like being a new hire around this time, you can't really give someone a review you don't know.

Is there a reason why you are just now bringing this up? I assume its just because reviews have started up again but I doubt there's anything you can do at this point. This would have been something you should have brought up immediately. It's not like raises for most people were that great anyways unless you are the perfect employee.

Yes I definitely realize that it is late for me to bring this up now. I actually did not realize that there was an annual performance review period I missed out on for a few months. The first time the performance review came up I had only been working with Walgreens for a few months so was unsure how it worked and then I switched locations prior to the next performance review so was not aware that I missed out on something.

I realized I missed out on the performance review and a potential raise a few months ago but I was not sure if it would be worth bringing up at this point. If I bring it up would I get a larger raise this year? Or lost wages for the past year? I work pretty hard as a float and am always being complimented and my DM tells me that I should get a store soon but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about this now. Your advice is much appreciated.

Yes I definitely realize that it is late for me to bring this up now. I actually did not realize that there was an annual performance review period I missed out on for a few months. The first time the performance review came up I had only been working with Walgreens for a few months so was unsure how it worked and then I switched locations prior to the next performance review so was not aware that I missed out on something.

I realized I missed out on the performance review and a potential raise a few months ago but I was not sure if it would be worth bringing up at this point. If I bring it up would I get a larger raise this year? Or lost wages for the past year? I work pretty hard as a float and am always being complimented and my DM tells me that I should get a store soon but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about this now. Your advice is much appreciated.
You won't get a larger raise. Kind of a lost cause now. I'd eat it and just work hard and try to get a good performance review next year.

I tried looking for an answer to this question but I did not find this answer anywhere. Hoping that someone who works for Walgreens or has worked for the company for many years can give me some advice.

I started working for Walgreens in June 2015. I received a raise as part of the annual review in October 2015. I then switched districts in July/August 2016 but I took a significant amount of time off while I was waiting for my license to transfer, take the law exam, etc and did not start work in my new district until late December 2016. I did not receive a raise for 2016 and I never had a performance review by my old DM or new DM. I am not sure if I just slipped through the cracks because I was in the middle of transferring districts or what happened.

My question is, should I contact someone about this? If so, who would you recommend I talk to? Is there anything anyone will do for me or should I just wait until performance reviews for this year? If it makes any difference, I am currently a float in my new district and was also a float in my old district. Thanks for the help.

no...move on

Alright thanks for the advice everyone. I was hoping there was something I could do but I guess it is too late now.