Waitlist c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Egg stole my screenshots, she'll hook you up

Hey bats, check your Facebook PMs hahaha it's the only way I could actually send them. (Sorry for being creepy)

What in the world did I just read?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Got a call from UGA today, and they left a voicemail... but it was just static. I need to study so I will call them back tomorrow afternoon. But I am freaking out!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from UGA today, and they left a voicemail... but it was just static. I need to study so I will call them back tomorrow afternoon. But I am freaking out!
O man do you mind telling me what position you are?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know where they are on the in state waitlist at mizzou? I know they at least called off the 1st person.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I wish I could help but I have no clue if they have accepted anyone beyond me, I would assume at least another person, but beyond that I don't know. If anyone else got off the waitlist with me we have until the 30th to turn in our papers.
What place are you on the waitlist, if you don't mind me asking?

I got a call from Kansas State today and declined my position. Good luck to any of you waitlisted there!

Reactions: 8 users
I wish I could help but I have no clue if they have accepted anyone beyond me, I would assume at least another person, but beyond that I don't know. If anyone else got off the waitlist with me we have until the 30th to turn in our papers.
What place are you on the waitlist, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 16 so I don't have much hope lol but you never know

Just received a call at 3:41pm eastern time from Dr. Elmore at Kansas State offering me a seat in the class from the OOS alternate list!!! I declined my seat since I've recently been accepted into my IS!! Good luck to all out there waiting! Can't wait to be your colleague :)

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! Anyone know when the initial wave of calling people off waitlists ends? I know people can still get randomly called off during the summer but how long is the period that most people get offered a position? I'm on the waitlist at Cornell and wondering at what point I should essentially throw in the towel (barring a miraculous phone call in July or something).

Anyone know about how the OOS Cornell list is moving anyway? They didn't tell us our ranks so I have no clue how far down the line I am. Just want to know if they're still actively calling people off the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 16 so I don't have much hope lol but you never know

Awe man, yeah I would say that beyond the top ten on the list there isn't much hope. I got waitlisted last year at Mizzou also along with two of my friend and none of us made it off. Of course they didn't tell us our position last year. However that being said best of luck to you, and maybe something miraculous will happen and we will be in the same class!

Got an email of acceptance to Missouri! I'm OOS!

Reactions: 11 users
"Patiently" waiting for U of I to say something...almost wish they'd say yo you suck so I can move on from this :nod:

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted to Ohio State University #2 IS. Cannot believe my dreams and everything I've worked hard for is happening before my eyes :)

Reactions: 15 users
Hey guys! Anyone know when the initial wave of calling people off waitlists ends? I know people can still get randomly called off during the summer but how long is the period that most people get offered a position? I'm on the waitlist at Cornell and wondering at what point I should essentially throw in the towel (barring a miraculous phone call in July or something).
It really depends on the school and the year, one year a school could go through their entire waitlist and then the next year barely touch it. But I'd say by mid-May when VMCAS opens, if you haven't heard anything I'd start getting things together to apply again if that's what you want to do. The school might be able to give you a better idea of your chances of getting called/where they're at in the process.

Reactions: 1 user
The school might be able to give you a better idea of your chances of getting called/where they're at in the process.

Generally speaking, when is it "acceptable" to start asking them questions about it? Considering it hasn't been a full week since the deadline I would say it would be kind of annoying to start blasting them with e-mails asking how things are moving along. Obviously things are moving (unless they've already stated the class is full) but getting some sort of contact is always nice.

Generally speaking, when is it "acceptable" to start asking them questions about it? Considering it hasn't been a full week since the deadline I would say it would be kind of annoying to start blasting them with e-mails asking how things are moving along. Obviously things are moving (unless they've already stated the class is full) but getting some sort of contact is always nice.
Well, people always call the admissions office for info on their waitlist position the day after the deadline, so I don't think you should be too worried about whether it's "acceptable."

I've called the office for UGA twice within the span of two days and the admissions director seemed very happy to talk to me, so I don't think you should be afraid of annoying them by calling or sending e-mails.

I've been called off two of three of the waitlists I'm on, so don't give up hope people!!:)

Reactions: 9 users
Called off Colorado State today too! No idea what position obviously. However, I think I'm sticking with Ohio State, so I'll be giving up that OOS seat :)

Reactions: 8 users
Waitlisted at UGA (OOS #30) and UT (OOS unknown rank). Does anyone know if UT will eventually update their alternates?

I can be of absolutely zero assistance to you, but I enjoy your username, avatar, and tardigrades. That is all.
(Good luck to you though!)
Haha thank you. Loving the otters. Good luck to you as well!

Just got called off Mississippi State's OOS waitlist!! Ahh I can't believe I'm finally going to vet school!

Reactions: 23 users
Just got called off Mississippi State's OOS waitlist!! Ahh I can't believe I'm finally going to vet school!

Congrats been rooting for you!! :clap: Also genuinely surprised some academic affairs offices are functioning on a weekend!

Congrats been rooting for you!! :clap: Also genuinely surprised some academic affairs offices are functioning on a weekend!
Yeah! I wasn't expecting to hear from them within a week if I did at all, and definitely not from a southern school on a Sunday! haha

Hi everyone :). Just wanted to let you guys know that I relinquished my seat at Mizzou after getting accepted to UC Davis (after a weird glitch rejection that they just caught last week). It was a really difficult decision and it's bittersweet, but I really hope that someone will get pulled off the waitlist to take my spot. I literally just emailed tonight so hopefully someone will hear tomorrow. I'm OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted at UGA (OOS #30) and UT (OOS unknown rank). Does anyone know if UT will eventually update their alternates?
I haven't heard anything, but the admin has been going through transitions with the 3rd years moving into clinics and 4th years getting ready to graduate.... so I know they've been pretty swamped. Feel free to give them a buzz and check if they have any updates for ya. We're all gearing up for finals, but I'll keep my ear open for updates. Good luck everyone.

Just got a call from Cornell! I'm going to vet school!!!!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 22 users
The virginia waitlist is moving so slow and im #25 so close and so far ☹️

I just got called off the waitlist at Wisconsin today but will be declining because I'm already moved and ready to start at Cornell this fall. Hopefully someone here will get a call instead. :)

Reactions: 7 users
I'm IS for Illinois on the waitlist and haven't heard anything :(

I'm just holding on to the fact that they haven't sent the "waitlist closed" email yet so that's something! It'll be tough; but hang in there :)

Reactions: 2 users
The virginia waitlist is moving so slow and im #25 so close and so far ☹️
Is it moving at all? Has anyone OOS been called? Does anyone know how many people are on the list?

I'm just holding on to the fact that they haven't sent the "waitlist closed" email yet so that's something! It'll be tough; but hang in there :)
Basically what I'm doing too!!! (OOS) I know it's unrealistic of me to want to know ASAP but...I can't help it!