Waitlist c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys we're all gonna kill it, I have a good feeling about it :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I can't believe it is already April too!! I hope we are all waitlist survivors! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet from Iowa?? I'm patiently waiting!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted at Kansas (OOS) and Missouri in- state. My Missouri spot is #16. Only panicking a lot. I have no idea how Missouri's waitlist works but #16 doesn't seem good.

To build off this-

Does anyone know how much Missouri's In State waitlist moves? I am waitlisted as In state and was wondering how many spots it normally moves.

Missouri was also a week later on their in state decisions this year, does anyone know if they over accepted OOS and are holding back additional instate acceptances for April 15th?

Thanks so much everyone!

To build off this-

Does anyone know how much Missouri's In State waitlist moves? I am waitlisted as In state and was wondering how many spots it normally moves.

Missouri was also a week later on their in state decisions this year, does anyone know if they over accepted OOS and are holding back additional instate acceptances for April 15th?

Thanks so much everyone!
Do you mean you were officially waitlisted or were you in "a pool of people that are likely to get off the waitlist since we overaccept OOS students?" At least a few years ago that's what they did to a pool of IS people.

Honestly, it's hard to know how much it will move, as it depends on the year. It might move a few, it might move 15, it might move none. It's hard to know exactly unfortunately :(

no..... but they close at 5 soooo they've got an hour haha
I guess we have one more day of this stress... ISU is trying to kill us! Alt list number tomorrow I guess...

Reactions: 1 users
I guess we have one more day of this stress... ISU is trying to kill us! Alt list number tomorrow I guess...
Just checked my email and got excited because there was a message from them! Said that numbers will be available by tomorrow, so one more day guys...we will survive!

Thanks so much for the response ashgirl!

I am officially waitlisted with a #, but it's fairly high (in the 20's). Seems like a deep waitlist for in state if they weren't expecting movement and was just curious if they were going to move in state like other schools do.

Also do you know if they waitlist every applicant who is in state, or do they send flat out rejections to in state as well?

I don't want false hope, but was just curious if any former in staters who were #'d on the waitlist have gotten in, and how high it went in their specific year.

Cheers!
Hey vet runner I was waitlisted at Mizzou last year, and I am also waitlisted again this year, last year they didn't give us numbers and when asked said they didn't, rank. Several of my friend were also waitlisted, and as far as I know not many people on the in state waitlist got off. Plus they do not notify us when the class is full, or at least last year they didn't. I'm hopeful for this year cause I am extremely low on the wait list this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey vet runner I was waitlisted at Mizzou last year, and I am also waitlisted again this year, last year they didn't give us numbers and when asked said they didn't, rank. Several of my friend were also waitlisted, and as far as I know not many people on the in state waitlist got off. Plus they do not notify us when the class is full, or at least last year they didn't. I'm hopeful for this year cause I am extremely low on the wait list this year.

That's awesome. Hopefully you get a call!

Keep us updated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I am waitlisted IS at Ok State this year and last year as well. Ok State doesn't release rank and they don't move the IS waitlist until after spring grades are finalized. So, I don't know where I stand but I do know I don't have to be on pins and needles until the end of May. I also know they will send out notification if the class is filled. I'm envious of those of you who know your rank. On the other hand, if rank is known you still don't know how many spots the list will move.

Is there anybody else out there who has any experience of the Ok State IS waitlist? I read in a previous post that Ok State will send out 2/3 of the IS acceptances initially and waitlist a number of people. Then when spring grades come in they re-rank the waitlist and send out the rest of the acceptances.

Good luck to those of you still waiting!

Hopefully on tuesday I'm going to know my number for Virginia, fingers crossed

Last edited:
Hopefully on monday I'm going to know my number for Virginia, fingers crossed

Yea, really looking forward to it. I wonder why they made us wait until the 10th to ask them about it though... The least they could do for making us wait is have an automated email sent out with it instead of making us ask for it because you know it'll most likely take days to answer everyone.

Yea, really looking forward to it. I wonder why they made us wait until the 10th to ask them about it though... The least they could do for making us wait is have an automated email sent out with it instead of making us ask for it because you know it'll most likely take days to answer everyone.

It might be because their wait list might have already shifted due to people getting accepted to another school and asking to be taken off the list? I don't know how easy or difficult it is to set up an email to send individual wait list numbers to the right person, though.

OOS Alternate for Michigan State....I was feeling okay about this, since I know the OOS waitlist moves quicker. But then I emailed them and they responded back letting me know I was #69 and I feel like that's pretty deep to be making it off.. Does anyone have any idea how much MSU's OOS list moves?
I was number 6 OOS 3 years ago, and got a call one week before school started. #69 means over half of the class would have to decline. I am sorry, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Does anyone have any intel on how far down the OOS penn waitlist usually goes?

Does anyone have any intel on how far down the OOS penn waitlist usually goes?

I was #10 last year and didn't get called with a spot....although I was called and offered a spot in 2021?

I was #10 last year and didn't get called with a spot....although I was called and offered a spot in 2021?
If that's the case that's a pretty sweet deals lol. Definitely would not mind another year of saving money

Purdue gave me a heart attack this morning because they sent out an email asking for confirmation that I still want to be an alternate but when I first saw an email from them I was like A WEEK EARLY OFF THE WAITLIST???
No. :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
Purdue gave me a heart attack this morning because they sent out an email asking for confirmation that I still want to be an alternate but when I first saw an email from them I was like A WEEK EARLY OFF THE WAITLIST???
No. :oops:

Same happened to me!! Hahah

Got called off the Iowa State waitlist today guys! Actually, got called AND emailed. I was #25 on the OOS waitlist, and I will definitely be accepting! I'm so excited!!

Reactions: 19 users
Found out that Waitlisters at Mizzou should start hearing back middle of this week since deadline has now passed. Fingers crossed we get some good news!

Found out that Waitlisters at Mizzou should start hearing back middle of this week since deadline has now passed. Fingers crossed we get some good news!

I think Purdue and IL should start hearing as well!

I hope we all start hearing something since today is the final cut off!

Reactions: 7 users
I hope we all start hearing something since today is the final cut off!

I think most schools will wait until tomorrow to start calling. I'm pretty sure people have until the end of the business/school day to accept or decline their offers.

I think most schools will wait until tomorrow to start calling. I'm pretty sure people have until the end of the business/school day to accept or decline their offers.

That's probably what would happen. I don't see them trying to call people in between people denying their spots. That would just be chaotic. Be better to take people off the list so they know how many to call altogether tomorrow and start the process.

Honestly-- do people really wait until the last minute to accept an offer to veterinary school?

Honestly-- do people really wait until the last minute to accept an offer to veterinary school?
Some people want to take all the time they have to weigh their options and figure out where they want to be and what school is best for them. So some people do make their choice very late.

Reactions: 3 users
Absolutely, some people do. A few schools don't put decisions out (I'm thinking, for example, IS for Mizzou) until very, very close to the deadline. There are also applicants may have been accepted to multiple schools and are weighing their options. It's a huge decision to make.

It depends. Some people get multiple offers and have to weigh pros and cons, financial packages, ect. Financial Aid wasn't even scheduled to be released until April 12th at my school. So yeah it might take that entire time to decide.

Just got a call from Auburn!! I'm going to be a vet!!!

Reactions: 34 users

As people have stated, a lot do apparently. I personally don't see how. I had my choices and ranked them before I even applied and knew in what order I would say yes. I only applied to a couple schools in the end but before then if the group was larger I knew what order I would do.

I guess if you ended up with 2-3 acceptances and you weren't really expecting them I could see it becoming an issue though. But you've still had months to decide..don't see how waiting till 5pm monday is really going to help lol

I gave a tour to a girl still deciding last week. She said she still had no clue where she was going to pick

I guess if you ended up with 2-3 acceptances and you weren't really expecting them I could see it becoming an issue though. But you've still had months to decide..don't see how waiting till 5pm monday is really going to help lol
But as was mentioned above, there are a few schools that put their decisions out very late in the cycle, so not everyone has had months to decide. There are also lots of things in terms of logistics to consider... housing, finances, future debtload, the ability of an SO to find a job in the area if that applies, etc. It's not a decision to be taken lightly. Ultimately, though, it does not matter because the applicants are given the right by the AAVMC/VMCAS agreement to hang onto any acceptances until the deadline if they choose. I know it's frustrating when you are on the waitlist at one or even multiple schools and are waiting to hear back, but that's just the way that it goes and some people do wait until the last day to notify their schools. It's a way to make the process fair for everyone and ensure that applicants aren't spending money in deposits to multiple schools unnecessarily just to secure a spot (this was actually an issue at a school a few years ago... I think it was LMU?).

You all will hear soon enough; there's no use in fretting too much over it now, trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Good luck waitlist peeps!!! I'm crossing my fingers for all of y'all to get calls soon! :xf:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 11 users
Michigan State just sent out an email that they wouldn't begin calling waitlisters until tomorrow. Praying that there are 57 people who decide to go somewhere else!:xf:

Im waiting for virginia:xf::xf:

Reactions: 5 users
But as was mentioned above, there are a few schools that put their decisions out very late in the cycle, so not everyone has had months to decide. There are also lots of things in terms of logistics to consider... housing, finances, future debtload, the ability of an SO to find a job in the area if that applies, etc. It's not a decision to be taken lightly.

I think my issue with the decision process is that a lot of these topics could of been thought about before the application. Logistics and finances should of been a conversation you had before you even applied to the school or at most, before you interviewed. If you didn't come to the conclusion that the school and city in which it resides is enough to support your life and goals, why did you continue the process for that specific school? In the end, the schools you are waiting to say yes to should be schools that could 100% support you and that conclusion should of been made way before hand.

Now, don't take don't this as me criticizing people for waiting because i'm not. People have the right to wait to give their decision, as you stated. I just think this excuse of "well it's an important decision to make" is a bit of a stretch because as I said, they should of decided that before applying. If they didn't know about these types of things 3 months ago they should of done more research.

For the people that have multiple schools that completely satisfy all requirements for life, I can see waiting until the last second. That's more of a choice of preference and not a matter of logistics though.

I guess my rant just boils down to the point that they shouldn't be making life choices hours before it's required. They should of had the knowledge to make the choice before..and waiting isn't really going to help. Not really frustrated over waiting, more just confused on why people would put such a huge decision off until now instead of having the knowledge to make it months ago.

Congrats!!!!! I still haven't heard anything from auburn did they give you any details like where you were on the waitlist? I am going to be stressing all day

I'm sorry I was a bit of a mess on the phone, I didn't think to ask. They told me I have until Thursday to decide. So I imagine they are sending out the next round of acceptances then

No worries I would be the same way! Thanks for the info and hoping I hear from them soon!!

Mizzou waits until really late in the application process to notify in staters, but their deadline for accepting was Friday at 5pm, I talked to Kathy our admissions coordinator about when waitlisters will hear, and she said Wednesday/middle of this week. She also told me that since I'm so high on the waitlist I should hear back.