Waiting on the Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NNFutureAuD20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So how does it work if we have to make a decision for schools we've been accepted to by April 15 if we're on the waitlist at other schools we're still interested in?

I've been waitlisted at a couple schools I would highly consider if I was accepted to, but I've also been accepted to schools I'm seriously considering. The schools I'm waitlisted at say they reevaluate the waitlist after April 15th but I don't want to commit to a school and then have one that was high on my list turn around and accept me off the waitlist right after...

Members don't see this ad.

So how does it work if we have to make a decision for schools we've been accepted to by April 15 if we're on the waitlist at other schools we're still interested in?

I've been waitlisted at a couple schools I would highly consider if I was accepted to, but I've also been accepted to schools I'm seriously considering. The schools I'm waitlisted at say they reevaluate the waitlist after April 15th but I don't want to commit to a school and then have one that was high on my list turn around and accept me off the waitlist right after...

I am in a similar position. I have heard other people say that they accept an offer and then later if they are taken off of a wait list they retract their acceptance? Does any one else recommend this? I think the only thing that will happen is that you will lose any deposit you made to the first school.

I am in a similar position. I have heard other people say that they accept an offer and then later if they are taken off of a wait list they retract their acceptance? Does any one else recommend this? I think the only thing that will happen is that you will lose any deposit you made to the first school.

I would not suggest doing this. This is a small field. People do remember names.