Veins only Vascular Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

failedatlife

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious now, can one create a vascular surgery practice solely focusing on venous insufficiency / varicose veins and AV access? I'm talking just doing VNUS and AV accesses....no artery stuff. Seems too good to be true. Making bank (doesn't vein pay more than arterial anyway) and having essentially no call whatsoever.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious now, can one create a vascular surgery practice solely focusing on venous insufficiency / varicose veins and AV access? I'm talking just doing VNUS and AV accesses....no artery stuff. Seems too good to be true. Making bank (doesn't vein pay more than arterial anyway) and having essentially no call whatsoever.
You're a bit late to the market

Reactions: 1 user

If you want to make money do family medicine concierge - only ask for straight up cash only. You'd have to do this in a rich area that hate insurance and obamacare and the like.

If you want to make money do family medicine concierge - only ask for straight up cash only. You'd have to do this in a rich area that hate insurance and obamacare and the like.

LOL Can you imagine dealing w/ 20-30 Donald Trumps on a daily basis?

Of course they exist, see my post from yesterday: Unethical Chiropractors

Very unlikely.

You're a bit late to the market

The market isn't the issue. There are plenty of GSVs that have not been ablated. There are plenty of people showing up to vein clinics across the country to get something done and plenty of physicians more than willing to ablate your vein, whether you have reflux or not. They will try to get you to let them close it and there are plenty of people who trust physicians enough or are desperate enough to go ahead with it. The issue is that the government will eventually catch on and shut the gravy train down. Already happening at the society level nationally, which will eventually proliferate to medicare and beyond.

As for AV access, they have problems all the time, not just during business hours. Now, you can do the typical private practice, "Oh, you have a problem and it is after 3pm? Go to the ER." Your peers will look down on you, but it is far from illegal and the lifestyle and money is pretty good.

Of course they exist, see my post from yesterday: Unethical Chiropractors

The market isn't the issue. There are plenty of GSVs that have not been ablated. There are plenty of people showing up to vein clinics across the country to get something done and plenty of physicians more than willing to ablate your vein, whether you have reflux or not. They will try to get you to let them close it and there are plenty of people who trust physicians enough or are desperate enough to go ahead with it. The issue is that the government will eventually catch on and shut the gravy train down. Already happening at the society level nationally, which will eventually proliferate to medicare and beyond.
What I meant was there are plenty of physicians (IR, VS, Cards) in the vein game that his idea wasn't novel and many markets already have dominant practices.