Program-Specific Info / Q's VCU OTD c/o 2020 acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HamelingOT93

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from the program yet? Just curious to know if the first round of acceptances has gone out!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the first round of acceptances went out via email the 25th. They said it may take a few weeks to set up online accounts to enable payment of the deposit (and other housekeeping items).

After those accounts are created, there will be a second email that starts a two week (negotiable) deadline to accept/deny admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
Of those of you accepted in the first wave, do you plan on saying yes?

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am just checking in again to see if there have been any other correspondences with VCU? I have not heard anything since the initial email before the December 1st deadline, and I know "no news is good news" but I dont know if that applies here! My anxiousness is getting the best of me i guess!

Hey guys! I am just checking in again to see if there have been any other correspondences with VCU? I have not heard anything since the initial email before the December 1st deadline, and I know "no news is good news" but I dont know if that applies here! My anxiousness is getting the best of me i guess!

Hello, I recently was accepted. When they sent my email they gave me a deadline to accept so that they can offer positions to other students if need be. They also said in the email that the class is very close to being full so I think they will probably be sending more emails out soon. I will most likely be giving up my spot so that will free up a seat. I hope you hear good news soon!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I recently was accepted. When they sent my email they gave me a deadline to accept so that they can offer positions to other students if need be. They also said in the email that the class is very close to being full so I think they will probably be sending more emails out soon. I will most likely be giving up my spot so that will free up a seat. I hope you hear good news soon!! :)

What deadline did they give you if you dont mind me asking? I wonder if they fill up their seats if they will let the other applicants know!

I know that it is sometimes next week, sorry I can't remember off the top of my head. I want to say the 23rd? I would hope they would let you know soon. It seems like big state schools respond pretty quickly. Best of luck :) I'm making a pro/con list this weekend so my seat may open up !

I know that it is sometimes next week, sorry I can't remember off the top of my head. I want to say the 23rd? I would hope they would let you know soon. It seems like big state schools respond pretty quickly. Best of luck :) I'm making a pro/con list this weekend so my seat may open up !

Awesome, thanks for the information! I am from the Richmond area and know VCU very well, it is a great school! Congrats on the acceptance and best of luck in the decision process! :)

does anyone know when we're supposed to hear back from VCU? i haven't heard anything since i submitted my app

Hey there! I contacted VCU last week and they told me their program is about half full. They are sending out emails as they receive individual program refusals so its very slow going for them. According to the website the deadline is April 1st to hear back. I would reach out to them if you have any other questions. They were very friendly and understanding. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard back from them yet. Should I reach out to them and let them know I am still very interested in their program? They're my #1 choice and I'm actually at VCU for my undergrad as well.

Hey there! I don't think it would hurt. I found them to be very friendly and understanding. If you find out any new information let us know- the waiting can be so stressful! :)

Hey there! I don't think it would hurt. I found them to be very friendly and understanding. If you find out any new information let us know- the waiting can be so stressful! :)

I emailed them yesterday to reach out as VCU is my top choice as well! Will let yall know if i hear anything!

I have not.. not sure what to do at this point

I haven't heard anything from them either... not a single thing since I submitted my application. Not sure what that means.

I am in the same exact boat...I assume they have to tell us something by April 15th?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I am in the same exact boat...I assume they have to tell us something by April 15th?

I would assume so. I just can't imagine how they haven't told us anything at all at this point.

Still anxiously waiting here... for some reason I thought the deadline was April 1st to hear back- is it actually April 15th?

Still anxiously waiting here... for some reason I thought the deadline was April 1st to hear back- is it actually April 15th?

Yes it is April 1st must have been a typo.. my bad!

Are there any out of state students on here that have been accepted already and plan on going?? I'm from NC and I have been accepted and went to tour this past weekend and really liked the program, but can't figure out how to pay for it. Anyone in the same boat with a plan? Haha.
I'm debating between here and a much lower ranked in-state school, but the other school would save me literally 100K in tuition.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Bumping this- Anyone heard from VCU this week? :)

I haven't heard anything yet either! I'm so scared, it's my first choice!

I applied for their deadline in November- hopefully next week? I believe their deadline to notify is still April 1st... so maybe next week?

I haven't heard anything yet either :(

I applied for their deadline in November- hopefully next week? I believe their deadline to notify is still April 1st... so maybe next week?

Hopefully! Not sure what to do past April 1st if I don't hear

Hey all! I asked VCU about when we should hear final decisions- they are thinking more like mid-April this year. They wont send out rejections until every spot is filled and deposit's received. There is still hope for those of us waiting! :)

Hey all! I asked VCU about when we should hear final decisions- they are thinking more like mid-April this year. They wont send out rejections until every spot is filled and deposit's received. There is still hope for those of us waiting! :)
Thanks so much for the update!! That is definitely good to know.

That's exciting! Hopefully that means there is hope for us waiting folk!

I'm giving up my spot today so hopefully someone will get good news soon

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just got accepted to VCU! There is still hope for everyone- there is at least two weeks to put in a deposit so I am sure other spots are pending- don't give up. There could be other seats opening!
Also, I will be moving from Indiana to the VCU area with lightening speed and my fiance will be in Norfolk , so if anyone on this thread has tips for housing/location in either area I would be forever grateful. Wishing everyone the best!! :)

I just got accepted to VCU! There is still hope for everyone- there is at least two weeks to put in a deposit so I am sure other spots are pending- don't give up. There could be other seats opening!
Also, I will be moving from Indiana to the VCU area with lightening speed and my fiance will be in Norfolk , so if anyone on this thread has tips for housing/location in either area I would be forever grateful. Wishing everyone the best!! :)

I'm currently at VCU for undergrad, so if anyone wants specifics on where to go for housing, just message me! Also, if anyone else wants to drop so I can get in that'd be great hahaha

I was accepted but notified them yesterday that I will be attending a different school. Should free up a spot for someone :) Best of luck! It's a great program!

Did they give you a specific date? I just got accepted to another program and I need to give them an answer by the 11th.

No date :/. They did recommend asking for an extension from other programs if still waiting.

Anyone have any updates? Still haven't heard anything on this end.

Anyone have any updates? Still haven't heard anything on this end.

No, I still haven't heard anything either. Someone earlier said mid-April, but that still sounds pretty vague.

No, I still haven't heard anything either. Someone earlier said mid-April, but that still sounds pretty vague.

Anyone else heard anything? I am starting to get defeated, but I want to also call and see where they are at...

Anyone else heard anything? I am starting to get defeated, but I want to also call and see where they are at...

Nope, still nothing :( I can't imagine why they haven't told us anything at this point.

Hey I emailed Jodi Teitlelman and she informed me that I was not accepted. Hopefully that won't be the case for you as well but she did say they are in the last stages of the application process and won't be doing any further reviews.

Hey I emailed Jodi Teitlelman and she informed me that I was not accepted. Hopefully that won't be the case for you as well but she did say they are in the last stages of the application process and won't be doing any further reviews.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sorry to hear that. It makes me wonder why they couldn't just inform us if they already knew instead of stringing us along. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear.

I called them this morning and found out I was rejected. I did get accepted to my second choice program, so I'm still ecstatic. Don't lose hope, I got in someone after being on 7 waitlists!

I emailed someone from the department yesterday and was informed that I will not be offered admission. Extremely disappointing but mainly frustrating that they strung us along when we could have been notified much earlier that we were not accepted. Still waiting to hear back from another school where I am waitlisted, so fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone else!

For those who were accepted, would any of you mind sharing your stats with me?? im applying currently for 2017-2018 cycle and its my first choice! if you have any tips too, I would really appreciate it!!