vacation in middle of mcat studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

akgrown907

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with having to take a trip in the middle of studying for the MCAT? I am scheduled to take the MCAT May 13 but I do not feel ready so I am looking to reschedule sometime in June. I have a one week trip I need to go to from June 1-8. Would it be a bad idea to take the MCAT June 17? Should I push my MCAT to June 30th?

Any input would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Everybody should follow a personalized MCAT study schedule that meets their needs. If you need to take a vacation during, take a vacation during. No schedule should be inflexible. But during your vacation, don't stop reading entirely.

You have to think about what kind of study habits and personality you have.

I took a trip in February but I am testing end of April. It was a nice break. I can not imagine taking a trip within these last 2-3 weeks. I have had an incredible amount of focus and motivation, and been able to remember things very easily due to the imminent nature of my test date. There's no way I would have taken a week off. I did, however, take Easter Sunday off and it was so great to just spend a day with my family and renew my spirits and original reason for wanting to take the MCAT... So, a day or even a weekend off would have been fine for me but definitely not an entire week so close to the test date...