va aegd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental1451

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
are VA programs the best to do? Not sure if I want an all medicaid population, as I would like to know how to do crowns and restore implants.

Members don't see this ad.

The Veterans you work on don't need dental insurance. The VA's treat veterans who qualify for dental care without insurance. Limits on money are out of the question. It all depends on the eligibility they achieve through the VA system.

I completed a residency at a VA and did plenty of crowns, implants, root canals, extractions, bone grafts etc. If you have more specific questions feel free to PM me

One thing for the OP to consider is how much pedo he/she would want to do after a residency. If you plan to be an all around general dentist and see patients from young to old, then I believe getting some pedo training during residency would be helpful as well. I completed a GPR in one of the VA programs, and that is one area I wished I had received training in since in most VA programs you will get no pedo exposure at all. However like the poster above mentioned, VA programs have alot to offer and not having to worry about patient's ability to afford the treatment plan is a big plus.

Members don't see this ad :)
are VA programs the best to do? Not sure if I want an all medicaid population, as I would like to know how to do crowns and restore implants.
Has nothing to do with medicaid; that's not how it works.