Uworld Percent Correct & Step 1 score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LichenPlanus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a few tables online predicting Step 1 score based on % correct in Uworld (such as this). Are these as accurate as NBME practice tests? Have you found them to be accurate?

Members don't see this ad.

There are a few tables online predicting Step 1 score based on % correct in Uworld (such as this). Are these as accurate as NBME practice tests? Have you found them to be accurate?
I got 68% correct on UWorld (the website says that's a 240) and got a 252 on my real thing. You have to be careful with these b/c sometimes people start the question bank w/o much base knowledge and simply use the question bank as a learning tool (i.e., to extract the information and learn), while others use it was a performance assessment after they've gone through the material in much more detail than many people. Then you have people in between. I wouldn't look too much into correlations btw UWorld correct and Step 1 scores, unless of course your % correct is off the charts and you use it as a confidence booster.

Reactions: 1 user
At my school there have been numerous statistics looked at for several yesrs now in regards to predicting a Step score. The best predictors of score we have found is NBME (CBSE) scores, and the total number of Qbank questions completed and reviewed. Everything else has been found to not be a significant predictor.