UWOLRD q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdboybird

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am ONLY taking comlex and you can't talk me out of it so don't try. ( sorry had to write that because every post on this subject turns into a "take usmle u fool!" thread )

Should I spend my time and money on UWorld? or should I just focus on comlex testbanks? Why or why not and which banks do you recommend ?

I appreciate your responses :)

thanks
BBB

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I am ONLY taking comlex and you can't talk me out of it so don't try. ( sorry had to write that because every post on this subject turns into a "take usmle u fool!" thread )

Should I spend my time and money on UWorld? or should I just focus on comlex testbanks? Why or why not and which banks do you recommend ?

thanks
BBB
take usmle u fool

Reactions: 14 users
You will learn more doing uworld and going through every answer choice when you get answers wrong. Comquest/combank is better for learning how they will ask questions on the comlex and you will fly through that question bank. Majority of my classmates who used uworld while studying for the usmle did much better on the comlex as well. Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
n=1, but I only used UWorld while studying for both exams and I scored 700+ on COMLEX. I may be in the minority here, but I really think that USMLE and COMLEX questions aren't that dissimilar. Use UWorld as a tool to learn the material and the questions as a means of learning how to apply that knowledge. Supplement OMM with Savarese and call it good.

n=1, but I only used UWorld while studying for both exams and I scored 700+ on COMLEX. I may be in the minority here, but I really think that USMLE and COMLEX questions aren't that dissimilar. Use UWorld as a tool to learn the material and the questions as a means of learning how to apply that knowledge. Supplement OMM with Savarese and call it good.

With a 700+ COMLEX you're smarter than the average person. You can adapt better than people who probably got a 500.

OP, don't let people pressure you to take the USMLE unless you feel comfortable taking it.

Hey all,

thanks
BBB
No matter what you do, spend that couple of hundred of $$$ in Uworld; it's a drop in the bucket compared to what you are spending for that DO degree.

Uworld is not only a Qbank, it's also an EXCELLENT learning tool.

Take USMLE you fool! P.s., I do not know 1 DO student who does not use Uworld irl. You'll be at disadvantage even if you don't take the USMLE.

With a 700+ COMLEX you're smarter than the average person. You can adapt better than people who probably got a 500.

OP, don't let people pressure you to take the USMLE unless you feel comfortable taking it.
On the other hand don't let your school who couldn't give less than a **** about you, pressure you into not taking the USMLE because it hurts their numbers.

Reactions: 2 users
CWEiHXTUYAEKsLH.jpg

Never heard of anyone that avoided UWorld.

A DO is only allowed to sell themselves short and willfully avoid the USMLE if they have objective data that reasonably predicts they will fail or score just above passing. All others should prepare for USMLE.

On the other hand don't let your school who couldn't give less than a **** about you, pressure you into not taking the USMLE because it hurts their numbers.
seriously this. Our schools has repeatedly tried to talk us out of USMLE lol.

UWorld is expensive, but people I know have done well using it so it may be worth the price tag.

UWorld is expensive, but people I know have done well using it so it may be worth the price tag.

There is no comparison. Combank was kinda useful for OMM questions but my real test of course barely resembled those. I have found countless errors on combank and other questions banks and their reasoning for many answers are flawed. Uworld is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

That is what I've been hearing too. I know some schools provide it free (mine doesn't unfortunately) so I will see if I can get access to it over the next few week that I have to study before COMLEX