UW c/o 2021 - ON WISCONSIN!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if there's a class facebook group yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Those of us attending on Friday should make a group announcing we are from SDN....or our SDN names on the tags for sheer fun and well obvi making new friends: hiiiiiieeeee :highfive:

Reactions: 1 users
anyone on the OOS waitlist holding out... I was around #150 last year and got called and emailed beginning of july with a spot that had opened. sooo there is a good amount of hope!! I was again waitlisted this year around 90 but will be giving up my spot for an in-state position.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Class of 2021, congratulations on your admittance to UW-Madison! Such an incredible feeling. I am starting my 4th year in May, and my roommate that I have had for the last 3 years will be graduating, so I will be looking for a new roommate starting in August (with the possibility of it being sooner because my roommate will likely move out in May). The place I'm at has worked great for being in vet school - it's in a safe area and on a busline that takes you to school. It is a 2 bedroom/1 bath, and has free parking and heat. Rent is about $525 for each person (it will likely go up a small amount for the next lease). The apartment allows 2 cats, and I have 2 (I'm a sucker for my junior surgery patients). I am hoping to find a female first year with no pets to move in. Feel free to contact me if anyone is interested to hear more!

Does Wisconsin over accept students?

Just sent in my rejection for OOS - there will be a spot opening up for someone soon! :)

Hey guys,
I am deciding between Wisconsin and VA-MD (my in-state) and was wondering about those of you who are also out of state. Am I right to think the tuition will be roughly 200k for 4 years? Unfortunately cost of tuition and cost of living are my biggest factors to decide, so just wanted to make sure I had that right before I make a decision!
Jess

Hey guys,
I am deciding between Wisconsin and VA-MD (my in-state) and was wondering about those of you who are also out of state. Am I right to think the tuition will be roughly 200k for 4 years? Unfortunately cost of tuition and cost of living are my biggest factors to decide, so just wanted to make sure I had that right before I make a decision!
Jess
From the document I received in the acceptance package, it looks like it will be lower than that. I would call admissions to confirm, though :).

Hey guys,
Jess
Keep in mind that the cost of living in Madison is pretty crazy though... I go here to undergrad and you're looking at 900-1000 a month for an unfurnished studio apartment, and another 200 a month for parking.

Hey guys,
Jess

I loved UW, but it was also the cheaper choice for me, compared with my in-state (at the time...before UW increased their tuition). Go with the cheaper school. Your future self will thank you for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind that the cost of living in Madison is pretty crazy though... I go here to undergrad and you're looking at 900-1000 a month for an unfurnished studio apartment, and another 200 a month for parking.
I currently live in DC so that's actually VERY cheap considering! That said, VA Tech is a much cheaper area than Madison and the tuition for me will be a lot cheaper as well. I can graduate debt free from VA Tech and I seriously doubt I could do that at Wisconsin. Somebody on the waitlist will be getting a call soon :)

I currently live in DC so that's actually VERY cheap considering! That said, VA Tech is a much cheaper area than Madison and the tuition for me will be a lot cheaper as well. I can graduate debt free from VA Tech and I seriously doubt I could do that at Wisconsin. Somebody on the waitlist will be getting a call soon :)
Im in DC too!

Debt-free is the way to go. I'd bet many of us wish we could have managed that (I certainly do)!

Offered a spot from the waitlist today (#21 OOS) for those of you that are keeping track where they are. I will be declining my spot, however.

#71 OOS - just got called off of the waitlist. I will most likely not be accepting, but am deciding by tomorrow.

Does anyone know if it is required to send in winter quarter/spring transcripts by a certain date? For waitlisted students, is that generally whenever you get pulled off the waitlist? Thank you so much!! :)

Last edited:
will waitlisted students be notified when they have filled the class of 2021?

#110 or #111 on the waitlist haha I can't remember, but just got off. I'm trying to decide between here and Tufts. Can anyone provide any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If cost is a consideration, remember that the tuition for the University of Wisconsin is going up. I would still think it would be less expensive due to cost of living (unless you are in-state at any of these schools). Consider what your top priorities are and figure out which school fits those best :). Either way, you will attain an EXCELLENT education!

Got the phone call this morning and accepted my position!!! So excited to meet you all this fall!!! :) :) I was above 150 on the waitlist!

Does anyone know what colored scrubs students wear? Is there some sort of a uniform? Thank you so much!!!!!

Does anyone know what colored scrubs students wear? Is there some sort of a uniform? Thank you so much!!!!!

Not the most recent information since I graduated a few years ago, but there wasn't a specific scrub color we were required to wear (we just had to bring our own for 4th year). Down in the clinic if you're not wearing scrubs, you'll have a blue lab coat to wear over your presentable/professional clothing.

Not the most recent information since I graduated a few years ago, but there wasn't a specific scrub color we were required to wear (we just had to bring our own for 4th year). Down in the clinic if you're not wearing scrubs, you'll have a blue lab coat to wear over your presentable/professional clothing.

Thank you so much! :)

Got the phone call this morning and accepted my position!!! So excited to meet you all this fall!!! :) :) I was above 150 on the waitlist!
About how high were you on the waitlist if you don't mind me asking? I was at 219 or something like that when they gave us initial deicisions in March and just found out today that I am currently 102 on the waitlist. Do I have a chance or should I just plan on reapplying next year D: