UW c/o 2021 - ON WISCONSIN!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping for good news in the next few weeks. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I think next week may be the week we start getting phone calls.. if it is anything like last year!

Well, I think next week may be the week we start getting phone calls.. if it is anything like last year!
I thought they just sent out snail mail? Do they call as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they said normal mail only this year

Maybe they only call accepted students as a courtesy like some other schools do?
But I think we should all get at least snail mails

I thought they said normal mail only this year
You could be right! I just don't remember them specifically saying that. I remember them making sure that they had the correct address to send admissions decisions to, though.

I just called admissions to ask when the decision letters will be mailed out and the super nice woman I talked to was vague about it and I am not sure if they have already been mailed out or not. Regardless, she said that everyone will be receiving the snail mail by the end of the month (which I already knew so that's not super helpful!)

Trying my hardest to be patient, but it is slightly frustrating that we might not know until the end of the month and accepted students day is March 3 and many students need to book flights! Oh well :)

I just called admissions to ask when the decision letters will be mailed out and the super nice woman I talked to was vague about it and I am not sure if they have already been mailed out or not. Regardless, she said that everyone will be receiving the snail mail by the end of the month (which I already knew so that's not super helpful!)

Trying my hardest to be patient, but it is slightly frustrating that we might not know until the end of the month and accepted students day is March 3 and many students need to book flights! Oh well :)

Did she say anything about if we will receive an email? I'm in San Diego so I'm pretty anxious too because of flights. It seems so late to let people know given that the open house is March 3rd. But everyone I've talked to at admissions has been incredibly nice and I've heard amazing things about the school and area so hopefully worth the wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did she say anything about if we will receive an email? I'm in San Diego so I'm pretty anxious too because of flights. It seems so late to let people know given that the open house is March 3rd. But everyone I've talked to at admissions has been incredibly nice and I've heard amazing things about the school and area so hopefully worth the wait!!

She said that everyone will be receiving a letter and I know in years past they haven't done emails so I think it's safe to say that will be the case this year as well. I am fairly certain they make phone calls to accepted students though but feel free to correct me on that

She said that everyone will be receiving a letter and I know in years past they haven't done emails so I think it's safe to say that will be the case this year as well. I am fairly certain they make phone calls to accepted students though but feel free to correct me on that
You are correct

Accepted OOS! :)

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! And now the intense waiting begins

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! And now the intense waiting begins
The veterinarian who called me wasn't sure if packets had gone out in the mail yet or not. He said something would be coming, he just wasn't sure when.

Does anyone know if the snail mail is sent out before or after they finish making calls?

I am out of state and just got the acceptance call as well, about 5:45 PM east coast time!

So there’s still a chance there might be some phone calls tomorrow?

raw

Reactions: 3 users
Phone calls usually take place over a pretty long range. Last year most people got phone calls around this time and I didn't get mine until probably a week or two after that initial wave. I ended up getting my acceptance call the same day I got my letter in the mail. I think the clinician who called me was probably just busy or something and did it when he had the time to have a longer phone convo if necessary (and he was incredibly nice!).

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about not having a phone call yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm currently overseas but just got a call from an Ontario, Canada number. The timing of this was very odd and I picked up but no one answered! Hoping it wasn't them..

Missed a call at 7:56 AM central from a U Wisconsin vet's number (I googled it).

Looks like calls are starting early today, and I'm in!

Reactions: 5 users
Got another call. More information "will be sent out this week," so I guess that means today or tomorrow. Open house is Friday, March 3 so I hope those of you who are far find out soon so you can make travel plans!

Got another call. More information "will be sent out this week," so I guess that means today or tomorrow. Open house is Friday, March 3 so I hope those of you who are far find out soon so you can make travel plans!

Thanks for the info! Can't wait to find out!

Thank you! I've seen you on a few threads now, any idea where you'll end up?

UC Davis, but if another school wants to give me a ton of money, I'd be willing to reconsider...

On that note, does anyone have info on UW scholarships for OOS students? (What's available and when we might hear?)

UC Davis, but if another school wants to give me a ton of money, I'd be willing to reconsider...

On that note, does anyone have info on UW scholarships for OOS students? (What's available and when we might hear?)

Nice! That is my in state school. If I don't get in anywhere this cycle I'm definitely applying there again!

Is it the same number that calls/do they leave a voicemail? I got a call from WI but am not sure what to think hah!

Is it the same number that calls/do they leave a voicemail? I got a call from WI but am not sure what to think hah!

Call back! Or google it- I was able to find that it was the vet school. Mine started with 608-265.

Oh, mine was a 414 number, so probably not it!! Oh wellllllll o_O
Thanks though!!

Last edited:
I just called... they said we will all receive letters next week, so assuming they went out today.

Reactions: 2 users
Any accepted out-of-staters mind posting quick stats?

Waiting is not easy, especially the last couple of days! :p

Any accepted out-of-staters mind posting quick stats?

The applicant statistics on their site will probably be more helpful- they're broken down into OOS vs. IS.

I was below average for cGPA and I think for required GPA (don't remember), but above average in GRE and last 30 credits, if that helps at all. I had about 900 hours of pretty diverse veterinary experience, plus a lot of non-vet experience (non-trad). Feel free to PM if you want more info :)

Oh, mine was a 414 number, so probably not it!! Oh wellllllll o_O
Thanks though!!

They may call again if it was the school!
I left my phone at home today, now it turns out to be a good thing as I cannot just stare at it all day :D

They may call again if it was the school!
I left my phone at home today, now it turns out to be a good thing as I cannot just stare at it all day :D
When I was waiting from a call from another school I just left my phone on airplane mode while I was at work/in class so I couldn't distract myself with it haha

In state (Milwaukee)-letter came today!

We should be getting letters today or tomorrow or maybe Wednesday because of weather, if an in stater got it Saturday! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users
We should be getting letters today or tomorrow or maybe Wednesday because of weather, if an in stater got it Saturday! Good luck everyone

Pretty sure there's no mail today because it's President's Day. But yes, definitely soon!

Are the letters through USPS? I thought they didn’t deliver on holidays. I am so hoping they do though!!!

Lol I forgot Presidents' Day was a thing

Reactions: 1 users