UVM M.S. Medical Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am also curious about this program. It seems like it'd be a great fit for me, and does not seem like a money-grabbing scheme

I can't find the exact # anywhere but if i am right, the tuition sounds ludicrously expensive

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them requesting for more info. Here's what I got:

Our 30 credit, master of medical science curriculum is structured for a student to complete the coursework in just one year (12 months). Students may choose to start the program in the summer with an intense 6 credit gross anatomy course, or start in the fall term with a traditional 12 credit semester course load. The fall semester curriculum has students learning the depths of biochemistry, cell biology, human physiology and biophysics. The spring semester would enhance the knowledge learned in the fall with additional biochemistry, human physiology and biophysics. We have a required biostatistics course that you may choose to take in any term offered and supplement your course load with electives to complete the 30 credits from a variety interest areas such as public health or pharmacology.

We currently do not have any statistics for admissions and matriculation because our first two cohort of students applied only this past cycle. They are still going through interviews and the application process. I hope to have final statistics in April when decisions have to be made.

hello there,

I am a URM planning to apply to a couple of SMPs since I did not do so well on my MCAT and have not taken a pre med course in a 3 years. I have come across this program and would like to learn more about it.

An update from a past/ current UVM MS student would be ideal..