UTMB Board Pass Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GranolaKayak

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UTMB (in Galveston, Texas) seems to have very low board pass rates: 76% QE, 62% CE, and 47% combined QE/CE. Does anyone know why this may be the case? They seem to have excellent training and strong fellowship matching.

Members don't see this ad.

UTMB (in Galveston, Texas) seems to have very low board pass rates: 76% QE, 62% CE, and 47% combined QE/CE. Does anyone know why this may be the case? They seem to have excellent training and strong fellowship matching.

i dont know anything about the program there, so no specifics. in my program we only have two chiefs per year, so if someone fails, boom....you're at 50% pass rate

UTMB just got a new PD (Dr. Ravi Radhakrishnan, Pedi Surgeon who has been at UTMB for a while prior) started last year after they got Dr. Tyler from Duke. Dr. Tyler has been working hard with the residents to revamp the program and adding didactics and making curriculum changes to improve the board rates. I think they were just a bit slow to catch up with the rise of didactics/education.