UTHSC Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hajenkin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone was planning on applying to UTHSC Pharmacy School in Memphis this fall, or if there are any pharmacy students that currently attend and would be willing to give some advice on admissions? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a few friends there u can pm me

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone was planning on applying to UTHSC Pharmacy School in Memphis this fall, or if there are any pharmacy students that currently attend and would be willing to give some advice on admissions? Thank you!
Did you interview yet? Please let us knw what thats like and I hear there is a writing portion, do you mind disclosing the topic?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Im going in to interview this friday.

Any experience with the UTHSC pharmacy college admissions interview. Is the writing portion difficult? What should I prepare as far as questions go?

Any experience with the UTHSC pharmacy college admissions interview. Is the writing portion difficult? What should I prepare as far as questions go?
Hey man. The writing portion was pretty difficult in my opinion, but when I spoke with one of the pharmacy club presidents he said it was one of the hardest they had done in recent years. There really is no way to prepare for it except to keep up with what is going on in Pharmacy. If you want to keep up with recent developments, I'd recommend Pharmacy Times. Check it out. In terms of the interview, it is EXTREMELY laid back. Only lasts for 20 minutes. They ask general questions like "why do you want to be a pharmacist", "why UTHSC?", "What are your strengths?'. I got in. If you do plan on going to UTHSC and get accepted, I hope to see you there in the Fall!

I applied for entrance into the Pharmacy program this year, I had gotten the email that states they are reviewing my application. About how long did it take to hear back once receiving?

I applied for entrance into the Pharmacy program this year, I had gotten the email that states they are reviewing my application. About how long did it take to hear back once receiving?
It took about a day if I remember correctly. It was during the week though when I submitted my PharmCAS application. Since I assume you got that email recently, I'd say give it a day or two. Are you a native Memphisonian?

It took about a day if I remember correctly. It was during the week though when I submitted my PharmCAS application. Since I assume you got that email recently, I'd say give it a day or two. Are you a native Memphisonian?

No, I'm actually from Western North Carolina. The waiting kills me, hopefully the admissions committee will meet and let me know something soon. I'm very impressed with what UTHSC has to offer.

No, I'm actually from Western North Carolina. The waiting kills me, hopefully the admissions committee will meet and let me know something soon. I'm very impressed with what UTHSC has to offer.
It's a great school. The students there are extremely bright and are fun to talk to. Everyone is very friendly. Let me know if you get in.