UT Tyler Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davoma

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying here for Fall 2017? What's their acceptance rate? I know it's a new school but I was just wondering what my chances are... they don't have minimum pcat score. Both my pcat and GPA is low, do I still have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Applying for Fall 2017!

The stats on their website from previous year shows PCAT avg is around 40 for entering class. Do you have pharmacy experience?

Applying for Fall 2017!

The stats on their website from previous year shows PCAT avg is around 40 for entering class. Do you have pharmacy experience?
Yeah 2 years working for cvs health. Have you aleafy submitted application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah 2 years working for cvs health. Have you aleafy submitted application?

Yes, I submitted everything earlier this week. Waiting on PharmCAS now for GPA calc. How about you?

Yes, I submitted everything earlier this week. Waiting on PharmCAS now for GPA calc.
Oh yeah it takes them 2 weeks. Can you share your stats like your gpa and pcat and pharmscy experience?

Oh yeah it takes them 2 weeks. Can you share your stats like your gpa and pcat and pharmscy experience?

My undergrad gpa is low. PCAT 56 comp. Have Bachelor of Science in Biology, MHA and 10 years working as a certified pharmacy tech.

My undergrad gpa is low. PCAT 56 comp. Have Bachelor of Science in Biology, MHA and 10 years working as a certified pharmacy tech.
Oh wow that's a long time as a pharmacy technician

Good luck everyone that applying for Fall2017..# P2Student

Good luck everyone that applying for Fall2017..# P2Student
Can you please share the interview process? Admission committee is gonna review my application on Tuesday so juse waiting until then

I got an invite for an interview here today! Submitted my PharmCAS on 9/9 and got it verified on 9/22. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an invite for an interview here today! Submitted my PharmCAS on 9/9 and got it verified on 9/22. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! I applied 3 weeks ago but they told me the admission committee doesn't meet until next week

Have you heard anything from UT Tyler for interview?

I interviewed there last Saturday, applied Early Decision. I have not heard anything back yet, but they said to allow up to 3 weeks to hear back! I expect to hear back from them next week. They said they will call us and tell us if it is a yes or a no or if we are waitlisted. Either way we are supposed to get a response!
Anyone else interview there on Saturday?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted here on 10/20! I interviewed on 10/8.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone help me out with what to expect during the interview or how to prepare? Thank you.

Can anyone help me out with what to expect during the interview or how to prepare? Thank you.

It really is hard to prepare for their types of interviews since it is often scenario/opinion based, but I would suggest at least having an opinion and supporting evidence for some of the current healthcare issues of today. Just be completely natural and don't stress too much, not all the questions are scenario based. A lot of the questions are just seriously trying to get to know you, so just be honest.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi would anyone that got accepted if you don't mind please sharing your stats, and also could you tell me how long the school took to tell you that you were admitted?

Has anyone that's applied heard back yet for an interview date in January?

Last edited:
Has anyone recieved an acceptance letter yet?

Yes my interview was in November but they said they need my fall grades first before they can review my allocation. What about you?

Has anyone that that had interviewed on November heard back from the school?

That didn't even ask you for your fall grades? Or did you already finish your classes?
I'm still completing prerequisites. They only requested a current transcript which I submitted through pharmcas

@KCo.W what classes do you have left?
Communications and microbiology lab for the spring. At the time of my interview I was taking o chem 2 with the lab, anatomy 2 with lab, and microbiology

@KCo.W thanks for sharing. Did you already accept theit offer or are you going some where else?

I am still waiting for an invite to interview. How long after you submitted your application did it take to get an interview date?

Mine was about 3 weeks but it really depends when the admission committee meets

Hi, guys! I'm considering UT tyler. My Pcat score is really low a 29%, but my GPA is really good, I was wondering if I have any chance of getting in, do they look at Pcat scores? Also some friends and family are not in support of me going to the school because it is still new and not popular, it is my decision at the end of the day, but what are your suggestions?

Hey everyone! I will be attending for class Fall 2017. I need some help in figuring out the best place for housing, and is their anyone interested in making a Facebook group, that way we can get to know each other!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I will be attending for class Fall 2017. I need some help in figuring out the best place for housing, and is their anyone interested in making a Facebook page, that way we can get to know each other!

I went to Tyler to visit these apartments named Palomar, and I think they're really nice!

I went to Tyler to visit these apartments named Palomar, and I think they're really nice!
Yeah I just looked them up, they seem nice but they are a little bit far from campus.

Yeah I just looked them up, they seem nice but they are a little bit far from campus.
It's like a 10 minute drive. The closest apartments that I saw that were nice were Haverhill

Does anyone want to create a Facebook group ?