USMLE World Q Bank for Part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CATSandKILOS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone use USMLE Q bank questions to study for our boards? Would these be a waste of time I.e. Too detailed for our exam? I'm currently trying to make a schedule / gather resources to study. I know of BoardVitals, but does anyone have any other suggestions for practice questions?

Members don't see this ad.

I found usmlestat to be a good resource. It's basically First Aid in question form so you can quiz yourself on whatever section you want. Something that's easy to do when with your phone as well so I would use it during down time pretty often. It's free too!

As for Q bank, I don't think you need to do it. BoardVitals was ok, I did a few of the tests on there but not all of them so I don't think it's absolutely necessary either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Definitely overkill on Q bank. APMLE was a lot of first and second order questions. I used some of the BRS texts for my weak areas with first aid and goljan for path and I felt way over prepared for part 1.

Reactions: 1 user