USMLE/COMLEX USMLE Step 1 Review Courses - Audio for 2013-2014 USMLE - Gold Standard Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
USMLE Step 1 Review Courses - Audio for 2013-2014 USMLE
- Gold Standard Step 1

For TPW 2013 Apollo will be giving away Two (2) "USMLE Step 1 Review Courses - The Total Audio Package" and Two (2) "USMLE Step 2 Review Courses - The Total Audio Package" (a $349.95 value each) to 4 lucky SDN members! Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion. Good Luck on the 2013-2014 USMLE!

FREE USMLE Reviews & 40% OFF
Study On Your Schedule!

USMLE Step 1 Review - Gold Standard Step 1 of the Medical Boards Audio

This updated and revised edition of the Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Review Course contains:

• Over 82 hours of Step 1 USMLE Audio Review
  • 14 Bonus Sets (over 13 hours) of Step 1 Material from Gold Standard Foundations of Medicine FREE
  • PLUS 150% "FAST Speed" version included for FREE
  • PLUS 300 page Step 1 Reference Manual PDF document FREE
  • For More Details - Click Here

What is Gold Standard Step 1 of the Medical Boards Audio?

First - these are NOT lectures.

Our USMLE Step 1 Review Course for your 2013-2014 USMLE is not just an audio recording of your med school lectures. Gold Standard Step 1 Audio is based on a cutting-edge learning theory for adult learners. Subjects are covered using a detail-by-detail, question-pause-answer technique which actually engages your brain.

- Lectures are Boring because there is no mental engagement.

- Gold Standard Audio is Engaging because learning is accomplished through Questions and Your Answers. This USMLE Step 1 Review Course is designed to work by asking you the question, pausing to give you a minute to formulate an answer, and finally giving you the correct answer.

Second - you are NOT tied to your computer.

This This USMLE Step 1 Review Course is in MP3 format designed for your iPhone, iPod, smart phone, or other mp3 player. So you can study for your 2013 and 2014 USMLE Step 1 Exams: - At the Gym - Walking the Dog - On the Road - Lying On the Beach - On a Slopes - Or Wherever You Are!

Do You...
Need More Study Time?
Want an Advantage?
We All Do!

And Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Course gives you more study time each day and a unique advantage on the USMLE! The Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Course has helped thousands of medical students.

What are the FREE 14 Bonus Sets Foundations of Medicine for Step 1?

We have taken some of the very best, most USMLE Step 1 specific audio review tracks from the Gold Standard Foundations of Medicine program and integrated them into the Gold Standard Step 1 Audio Review.

Why? Because for years the Foundations of Medicine program has been suggested to students as a "great review for the USMLE Step 1 or Step 2." However, most students, not knowing if the material is right for them, never get the program, and miss out on a lot of great Step 1 audio review material. Therefore, we have taken the following sections from Foundations and Added them to the Gold Standard Step 1 Audio Review:

• Renal Pathophysiology and UA Audio FREE
  • Renal Failure Pathology Audio FREE
  • Pathophysiology of Potassium Audio FREE
  • Growth and Development Audio FREE
  • Thyroid Pathology Audio FREE

What is the 150% "FAST Speed" version included for FREE?

At Apollo Audiobooks, we release all of our USMLE Step 1 Audio Reviews in both "Regular Speed" and "150% FAST Speed" for quick review. This means that you can take the entire NEW, Updated Gold Standard Step 1 of the Medical Boards Audio - an 82 hour audio program - and listen to the entire program in only 55 hours at "150% FAST Speed." That's a quick review for you 2013-2014 boards! Most audio learners find that their mind processes information faster than the speech of an audiobook, and this "150% FAST Speed" version of the program brings the speed of the program up to you speed of mental information processing. The "150% FAST Speed" version is included FREE with every Gold Standard Audio Edition purchase.

What is the 300 Page Reference Manual PDF document for FREE?

The Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Reference Manual is a set of notes following the material covered in the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio program. The Reference Manual currently DOES NOT contain notes for the 9 hours of all new USMLE Step 1 material. However, Apollo Audiobooks is in the process of transcribing the new material that it can be added to the USMLE Step 1 Reference Manual when a new edition of the Manual is release (date to be determined). Many students have found that following along in the Reference Manual and taking notes while listening to the USMLE Audio review are very useful. Therefore a FREE copy of the reference manual is included with every Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review purchase.

Get 40% OFF and FREE USMLE Step 1 Reviews - Sign Up Today!

Apollo Audiobooks continues our commitment to provide USMLE audio resources and review to medical students at affordable prices. When Apollo took over distribution of the Gold Standard Step 1 audio programs, they were priced at over $300 each. We immediately lowered the price AND offered a special 40% OFF incentive for email subscribers.

To purchase any Gold Standard USMLE audio review at 40% OFF - Simply sign up as an Apollo Audiobooks email subscriber here. Once you have confirmed your preferences and email address, you will receive a "Welcome Email" that contains special links (for email subscribers only) where you can purchase any Gold Standard USMLE Audio Review at 40% OFF (includes Gold Standard Step 1; Gold Standard Step 2; and Gold Standard Foundations of Medicine).

Keywords for this thread are - Gold Standard USMLE Audio, Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review, Gold Standard Audio, USMLE Step 1, USMLE Audio, Gold Standard Audio

Your Time is Too Valuable to Waste!

Choose One of Our USMLE Audio Reviews Today -

Study On Your Schedule!

Browse USMLE Reviews Here - Get Free Monthly Downloads Here

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My Personal Gold Standard Audio Step 1 Experience

I am a real fan of audio learning and repetition. This is how I used Gold Standard Step 1 Audio as a student. You can apply these same strategies for your USMLE Step 1 2013-2014 board exams.

Basically, I discovered that making audiobooks and listening to them three times was a great way to study and retain information. In preparation for Step 1 I made (for personal use only) audio versions of First Aid, Step-UP, a couple of high-yields, and underground clinical vignettes. I then added Gold Standard Step 1 of the Boards to these.

Study On Your Schedule!

Using Gold Standard for USMLE Step 1 Preparation

My plan was to go through all of the resources three times in audio before step 1. So I made a plan. The Gold Standard audio program was actually 60 hours in length when I used it (and I would play it at 150% speed - so that meant it took 40 hours to go through the whole, comprehensive Gold Standard Step 1 Review).

So, in the month coming up to Step 1, I studied about 12 hours a day (8am to 8pm) and it took 3.3 days (40 hr program/ 12 hr per day) do go Through Gold Standard once - and 9.9 study days to go through it the desired three times.

Using Gold Standard Audio with Basic Science Classes

Actually, I went through it more than three times. because I started listening to Gold Standard along with my classes. I distinctly remember questions asked by the professor that I knew from Gold Standard (ex: Moraxella pneumonia in a homeless alcoholic, Indocin for orgasmic headache, etc. . .) So I listened to the audio programs that corresponded to the content in class.

Do You...
Need More Study Time?
Want an Advantage?
We All Do!

When did I listen?

Well any time I was doing something that was relatively mindless. For example - when I had to mow the yard, I listened. When I went to the gym, I listened. When I repainted the inside & outside of my house, I listened. Turning my "down time" into "study time." I really felt great about it because I was "studying" whenever I was doing something else - very productive.

What did I Think About the Gold Standard Audio Format?

A lot of the program is "Question/Answer" format, which is useful in quizzing yourself. Lots of the topics start out like this: "This gram negative dipoloccocci. . . causes . . . is treated with. . ." Then you name the organism at the end. A good self-test as you go.

The 48 Hour Method

I once learned that if you learn something for the first time, you need to reinforce that knowledge by reviewing it within 48 hours, or you lose it. I would apply this to listening to Gold Standard (and you can apply it to any study method you choose). If I studied 12 hours a day, that meant I had 24 hours to study in 2 days. So I would divide 24 by 3 and study dividing the material into 8 hour chunks. That way in 2 days (48 hours) I would cover 8 hours of audio 3 times (my 24 hours of actual study time). Thus I reinforced the information before I had a chance to forget it.

Is Gold Standard Audio Right for You?

From my own personal experiences with Gold Standard Audio for Step 1, I recommend it to you. Back when it cost $309 for the comprehensive review, I would say "Only buy it if you are a die-hard audio learner." Now that you can get the New, Updated Gold Standard for about one-third the price, I recommend it for anyone who wants to save time, study more, and do better on Step 1.

Study On Your Schedule!

Last edited:
Since you are putting up so many products, do you have a comparison guide/chart to help in deciding which is most appropriate for each student?

Since you are putting up so many products, do you have a comparison guide/chart to help in deciding which is most appropriate for each student?

Choose the "best" product based on your preferences.

• If you want to be truly mobile - choose an audio review.
  • If you don't mind sitting in front of your computer - an online review is best for you.
  • If you need the hands-on instruction - choose a live review.

Also choose based on price point.
  • Audio is least expensive.
  • Online is next.
  • Live is the most expensive.

Finally, try the free audio downloads. If you like them, they might be worth buying.

The best thing to do (and what I recommend for all students) is that you sign up as an email subscriber to receive 2 Free USMLE Audio Downloads per month (here). If you find them useful, then they might be worth buying. If you don't like them, nothing lost and you can simply unsubscribe. Most people who buy, do it because they liked the audio found in the free downloads.

Study On Your Schedule!